Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Looks like Abruzzese is making his debut. I have been critical of Keefe, but last 2 games he has handled the 4th line well. Changed the makeup in the Boston game. Went to more of a physical line against the Jets which makes sense, and now is giving the kid a chance. Good point I read that Simmonds and Clifford can be effective if you give them enough rest. They just can't play every day now.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver

Looks like Abruzzese is making his debut. I have been critical of Keefe, but last 2 games he has handled the 4th line well. Changed the makeup in the Boston game. Went to more of a physical line against the Jets which makes sense, and now is giving the kid a chance. Good point I read that Simmonds and Clifford can be effective if you give them enough rest. They just can't play every day now.

Yup I was against the call to sit Abruzzese in Boston, but it was clearly the right call. His defensive pairings he dressed yesterday were terrible, but he was also missing Lybushkin, Sandin, and Muzz so I'll give him a bit of a pass. I just didn't understand his comments pre game about the Gio-Timmy pairing. I am paraphrasing but he said something like:

"We know Gio-Timmy works really well, so we are going to shuffle the deck to see if we can get a different combo working"

But thats not the strategy you should be taking when you're without the guy who's been play 1RD the last 5+ games. Just didn't understand the experimentation angle yesterday given Lybushkin's absence. But all is good, we won regardless.

One thing I have always liked about Keefe is his willingness to experiment and change things up. Even in game. So Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Excited to see what Nick can bring.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
whats the hold up with Knies? i think its because he has a playoff game today, and if they lose he will be able to sign with Toronto?

Im excited for nick, but i want some more size in the lineup

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
With Muzz back soon it'll be very interesting to watch the TOI closely this game.

Here's the even strength TOI for dpairs in the 4gms the current 6 dmen have all played together:

Screenshot_20220401-124632_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Rielly back with Lyubushkin. Love it. When Muzz is healthy

Rielly-Lyubushkin
Giordano-Brodie
Muzzin-Holl

3 great pairings that can do it all that don't need sheltering.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
No more Muzzin-Holl and leave Liljegren in.

Rielly Lyubushkin
Muzzin Brodie
Giordano Liljegren
Holl will be playing top-4 minutes rain or shine as long as Keefe is coach. Liljegren is the odd man out as annoying as it is.

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Two guys I'd like to see get some rest (healthy scratch) would be Spezza and Bunting. Especially when Knies most likely joins. We need both recharged for playoffs and right now there are just too many games.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

Thank you god and or whoever is the higher power even though I am an atheist for having Gio and Lily back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad