Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Holl was definitely a big minutes d-man prior to being scratched and he'll probably be afforded such an opportunity again in this one if his play dictates as much. Still, I don't know how I'd feel about the "on paper" look of a defenceman going from spending as many games as Holl did being a healthy scratch to a top pairing role right from the start of the game.

Travis coming out after a -3 on 15:34 TOI game is good thing, he can use a day off to regroup. Plus if they are considering moving Holl it helps to show he can still play. It will be interesting to see how close to his usual 20:00+ a night they give him. I predict a season low usage for his first game back unless he comes out of the blocks at his highest level.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Congratulations Ritchie your reward for sucking all year is a top 6 role and 1st PP duties.

Hoping JT is back and if not, Semyonov gets into the lineup ahead of Richie, but if JT is in I'm assuming that overpaid slug Richie stays in the lineup whether he deserves it or not.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
This game tonight will start to tell us if this group has learned anything from all the past failures.
After a poor start and basically a lack lustre effort last game I expect them to come out of the gate flying

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Has anybody seen Semyonov play, does he go real hard on the forecheck, does he play the full 200 feet. Is his nickname going to be "Semy?"

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Since about '73 is my recollection. Whatever the reason is, these games are a tough 2 for either team.
I remember Sunday's we would drive to my Zia's in Niagara Falls for lunch. I was 8 or 9, would eat way too much and then lay on the couch and watch Dave Schultz and Moose Dupont beat the crap out of whoever they were facing that afternoon. :laugh:

Reactions: therealkoho

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Funny enough Mitch has been stone walled, boarded, punched in the back of the head multiple times, elbowed in the face, speared, cross checked and had his teeth knocked out and has hardly missed any games at all, if any!
you sure he hasn't missed any playoff games? I haven't seen him ;)

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I remember Sunday's we would drive to my Zia's in Niagara Falls for lunch. I was 8 or 9, would eat way too much and then lay on the couch and watch Dave Schultz and Moose Dupont beat the crap out of whoever they were facing that afternoon. :laugh:
Lasagna with sausages, salad, bread and homemade red...the best Sundays

Reactions: ACC1224

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Really hope Ritchie is just filling in for Tavares. Semyanov might be coming in.
The top 4 D was reunited why I don't know. Siegal is the one resporter who has Lilly as the 7th D. Everybody else has Dermott. Odd

Pretty good lineup for a team missing Tavares and Kase.

It would be a good opportunity for Anderson, Semyonov, Holl, and Ritchie to make cases for themselves.

Reactions: stickty111

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Pretty much confirms Woll will make his 1st start on either Friday or Saturday.

Legitimately may be the first time Woll has played behind a defense that doesn't suck since 2018... And it has been longer than that if we want to consider "good" defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad