Pre-Game Talk: Leafs vs Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Really hope Ritchie is just filling in for Tavares. Semyanov might be coming in.
The top 4 D was reunited why I don't know. Siegal is the one resporter who has Lilly as the 7th D. Everybody else has Dermott. Odd

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Dermott out for Holl. This is one of the changes I wanted but not with Muzzin-Holl back together.
Ritchie is the other one.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
That’s good that they’re keeping Liljegren in the line up. I would have assumed he was going to be scratched once they brought Holl back.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It took one bad outing for Muzzin-Holl to come back lol

Hopefully it's just a practice thing

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Holl coming back in should be interesting. See how he responds to the benching.
I know Anderson & Semyonov are just filling in for Tavares and Kase....but I wouldn't mind seeing Anderson get into a game. He's a hard forechecker that's defensively fairly responsible. He didn't have a good showing imo in the pre-season...but I really want to see him become a top 9 winger for us

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Lose a game by a convincing enough score and it seems like a good idea for some lineup changes to occur. That was a considerable amount of time for Holl in the pressbox and he should be motivated to have an impactful return here. Would be interesting to insert Semyonov and Anderson into the lineup, though not necessarily for the players they look primed to replace according to the practice lines.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I would like to see Lilly get a game with Reilly. Feel like they would compliment each other well.

If Holl is checking back in I’d go:

Reilly - Lilly
Muzzin - Brodie
Sandin - Holl
Agreed. Throwing Holl back with Muzzin at this point doesn't seem good for Muzzin or Holl

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Rielly has been the best D so far this season. Let's see if he can carry Holl.

Reactions: banks

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Rielly has been the best D so far this season. Let's see if he can carry Holl.

Holl was definitely a big minutes d-man prior to being scratched and he'll probably be afforded such an opportunity again in this one if his play dictates as much. Still, I don't know how I'd feel about the "on paper" look of a defenceman going from spending as many games as Holl did being a healthy scratch to a top pairing role right from the start of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad