GDT: Leafs vs Flames (Pumpers vs Tumblers) Wed Dec 6, 8 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Definitely seems like Jagr has an ongoing issue with his groin that the team needs to be more careful with if they want him to play in more games.

But at the same time, if Jagr isn't able to skate hard right now, he's not really able to contribute much during the game (as we saw last game where he wasn't skating well and wasn't effective at all).

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Definitely seems like Jagr has an ongoing issue with his groin that the team needs to be more careful with if they want him to play in more games.

But at the same time, if Jagr isn't able to skate hard right now, he's not really able to contribute much during the game (as we saw last game where he wasn't skating well and wasn't effective at all).

I think it was the Oilers game where Jagr was shown skating to the bench in some pain. He has looked slow, Hathaway on his place should be interesting.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
giphy.gif

Go Flam. :help:

Last edited:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So why should he get special treatment? Because he's Jaromir ****ing Jagr? Because he's old?

He contributed as much (as little) as anyone else to the team over the last few games. Team gets a bag skate, he's part of the team.

Letting him off easy just shows the other players that "hey you're good enough, you can escape punishment too" (thinking of Gaudreau specifically)

Reactions: Kahvi

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Actually I have new short term prediction.

Flames start Rittich tomorrow he plays lights out, He takes over as starter and Flames go on a mini streak and everyone floods back here saying "See and you wanted to fire GG", Rittich's hot streak ends, Flames suck again, rinse. repeat.

GG finishes the year, and the Flames hilariously miss the playoffs without a 1st round pick.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
So why should he get special treatment? Because he's Jaromir ****ing Jagr? Because he's old?

He contributed as much (as little) as anyone else to the team over the last few games. Team gets a bag skate, he's part of the team.

Letting him off easy just shows the other players that "hey you're good enough, you can escape punishment too" (thinking of Gaudreau specifically)

I'm not saying he should get special treatment, its not about special treatment at all. If a player has a history of injuring himself due to certain practice drills (hard skating) it is pretty counter productive to have that player complete that drill.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Jagr and Gaudreau both seem like the kind of guys to try and use that to get out of these kind of things. Wouldn't surprise me at all if both tried to get out of the bag skate.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Toronto punishes the Flames tonight with at least 6 against. All I hope for is Gaudreau/Mony/Bennett/Jano/Tkachuk putting up some points, because I have no idea how they win this game. I don't think Gully does either.

I don't want the Flames to go below .500 because that means we're basically out of the playoff race, but if the Flames drop to 14-15-1, I can see Tre pulling the trigger on firing Gully.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I don't want the Flames to go below .500 because that means we're basically out of the playoff race, but if the Flames drop to 14-15-1, I can see Tre pulling the trigger on firing Gully.

Except if GG goes he will be holding the door for Treliving too follow suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille