Borgman -Polak

Andersen

To any outsiders who enter this GDT:

Last edited:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Random fact: Matthew Tkachuk , at 19 years, 354 days, was the second-youngest player in Flames history to reach 100 games. Dan Quinn was the youngest at 19 years, 241 days on January 28, 1985.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
22XRy3m
giphy.gif

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
With the way the Leafs fans and media have been acting as though this team is a combination of the 1970's Canadians and the 2014 Canadian Olympic team I am not looking forward to losing to them again, but it is hard to see it going any other way.

As mentioned in another thread nice to see us going with the same line-up/lines that haven't been effective in the past. Wouldn't want to mess up that awesome flow we have going so far by trying something new.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
My desire to watch this team may be at the lowest point it's been in a while.

Might just end up scoreboard watching because I can't bothered to watch a team that can't be bothered to play.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yes, yes I see. While the Leafs are being pumped by the media, we are tumbling down the standings.

Tumblers are better than pumpers (lame).

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
We always lose in Trawno. Feels like we're in the beginning of tailspin.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Zero confidence in this team. I thought they would respond against a team on a 10 game losing streak after being shamed by their biggest rivals in their own building on HNIC but they didn't, so why would they wake up now. I think I'm hoping for a loss as I don't believe GG is ever going to get this team playing well. Everytime they have played well, it has coincided with a hot streak from our goalie. Johnson in December, Elliott in Feb and March, Smith to start the season. This coach is a joke and a win today just extends his time behind the bench.

Just hoping for Gaudreau points and that they shutdown Matthews again. The main boards have become unreadable with Matthews being anointed the best player in the league for no reason, don't need to give the delusional Leaf fans any more fuel.

Made plans so I don't feel inclined to watch this over doing other, less angering things.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
With the way the Leafs fans and media have been acting as though this team is a combination of the 1970's Canadians and the 2014 Canadian Olympic team I am not looking forward to losing to them again, but it is hard to see it going any other way.

As mentioned in another thread nice to see us going with the same line-up/lines that haven't been effective in the past. Wouldn't want to mess up that awesome flow we have going so far by trying something new.
Just remember, as bad as the Leafs hype might get, it will never be as bad as having to suffer through Oilers hype once they start performing well again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It would be nice if either Ottawa or Winnipeg (if not the Flames) were the next Canadian team to win the Cup. I feel like it would make it more bearable if one of those other Canadian teams wins if we don't also have to hear about them "bringing the Cup back to Canada."

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It would be nice if either Ottawa or Winnipeg (if not the Flames) were the next Canadian team to win the Cup. I feel like it would make it more bearable if one of those other Canadian teams wins if we don't also have to hear about them "bringing the Cup back to Canada."

No thanks Jets fans are as bad as Leaf/Oiler/Canuck fans and there is no chance I want that POS Melnyk to have a Cup.

If the Flames don't win it I hope the Cup never "comes back to Canada."

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Jagr out with a groin injury. Hope it wasn't exacerbated by the bag skate

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I think groin injury or not a bag skate is something Jagr would skip.

Unless he planned it himself at 1 am.

Word is he took part. Which if true, is another strike against GG. Maybe you should let your 45 year old player with a groin injury skip the bag skate. It's not like you're going to teach him anything from it.

Man I hate this coach.

Reactions: Pomee

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
If they lose this one, I really hope changes are made. We might give up a top 10 pick, in a very good draft for a D man that is not even playing like a top 4 D man:baghead:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Word is he took part. Which if true, is another strike against GG. Maybe you should let your 45 year old player with a groin injury skip the bag skate. It's not like you're going to teach him anything from it.

Man I hate this coach.

I am surprised Jagr doesn't seem like a guy that would participate in something like that. I know he is a fitness freak but he also is a guy who thinks he is above the team so I assumed he just skipped it and let the others take the punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->