GDT: Leafs vs Flames || 7PM TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Tkachuk's aim was to get the tougher Kassian to lose it. Who on the Leafs now that Kadri is gone and Muzzin is hurt can he get to engage ?? I don't expect him to have the same strategy tonight, especially after all the noise it caused vs Oilers.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Matthews' got some monkeys off his back last game with that hat-trick and empty net goal.

Now he needs to get another one and finally score a goal against Calgary.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Tkachuk's aim was to get the tougher Kassian to lose it. Who on the Leafs now that Kadri is gone and Muzzin is hurt can he get to engage ?? I don't expect him to have the same strategy tonight, especially after all the noise it caused vs Oilers.

I don't think so either.

This is more of a "who's got the better guns" type of game. We need a better type of game from our defense to contain your guys.

Reactions: ToneDog

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope Andersen can get out of his bad funk. We're going to need it in this one.

Moore being back is pretty big too. He's be a big upgrade over Timashov on the 4th line.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Trevor Moore :D

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Tkachuk is friends with Marner and Matthews, I doubt he goes looking to level them like he did Kassian
I would expect more of the out for a good playful hit rather than the cheap shots against Kassian. I don't imagine he would be out to actually injure his buddies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I would expect more of the out for a good playful hit rather than the cheap shots against Kassian. I don't imagine he would be out to actually injure his buddies.

Only 1 of the 3 hits on Kassian was questionable. If he chooses to hit, he will hit to hurt. What I do not see is him targeting any individual player like Kassian or Doughty.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC

Dermott has had his mean on the last couple of games... hes pissed about something. Let em have at it.

Reactions: ToneDog

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I'm more worried about Tkackuck scoring than I am hitting our guys.

He's good friends with Auston and Mitch, so that's something

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Really need to get AJ going

He's been a shell of himself the last 2 but he was out for a while with a lower body injury so it's understandable he is a step behind. He had that partial breakaway last game where I thought he was getting his game back.

I'm willing to give him a few more before the pitchforks come out.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
He's been a shell of himself the last 2 but he was out for a while with a lower body injury so it's understandable he is a step behind. He had that partial breakaway last game where I thought he was getting his game back.

I'm willing to give him a few more before the pitchforks come out.

Not a fan of his game. I think we don't need his skill set. If we could turn into more sandpaper or a d-man, I'd be all over that.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Not a fan of his game. I think we don't need his skill set. If we could turn into more sandpaper or a d-man, I'd be all over that.

Yeah. He's a good player, but I simply like the looks of Hyman, Mikheyev and Engvall on the left side better. They're just better compliments to the other players on the top lines.

But with Mikeyev out for basically the year, I don't see him being moved this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad