GDT: | Leafs vs. Ducks | 7:00pm | Tuesday Oct. 22, 2013 | Sportsnet | Duck Hunter Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
RjkK67L.jpg

Beauty artwork

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Zeke, where did you see that Anaheim is 21st in Fenwick close? They're 6th, their possession game has been dominant this year.

**** you're right. I was looking at last year's chart, and got fooled by the 2013 date at the top. (it was april 2013). my bad.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Just like I feared, Reimer was never really going to get a chance at the #1 gig.

Bernier has been mediocre to poor his last 3 outings (.898sv%) after being lights out his first 3 starts (.970), has lost two games in a row, and Anaheim is red hot and you know Carlyle really wants to win this one in particular.....and Bernier gets the start anyways.

too bad.

It probably has more to do with the fact that Carlyle watches the games rather then checks the stats afterwards and see's the quality of shots the team is giving up of late that are leading to all these goals. Yes, Bernier let a few in that he should'nt of but the team as a whole has been pretty bad over the last 3 games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
It probably has more to do with the fact that Carlyle watches the games rather then checks the stats afterwards and see's the quality of shots the team is giving up of late that are leading to all these goals. Yes, Bernier let a few in that he should'nt of but the team as a whole has been pretty bad over the last 3 games.

I never said Bernier was playing badly.

fact is Bernie's now going to have started 7 of the first 10gms, on pace for 57 starts this season.

so even here at the start of the year, in the first 10gms, it's pretty clear that #1 job is Bernier's to lose, and that it was never really an open competition.

Mr Scarface*

I will keep a close eye on paper and Colton Orr. Because I'm starting to think he really is nursing, nursing an injury or something. Taking it more easily with that fist pumping thing. He is hitting and all, shaking, but not fighting... not like last season. Saving for it later?

This game will be pretty tough to win these players. Clarkson and Frazer McLaren and Fraser still out...... need them. Ducks are an ok hard team though smaller than ever, but still. We should be pushing these smallies around hard. We are the hardest team in the league. But we have to remember that. Nobody is able to beat us or push us around. If we remember that we will crumble any team in the world nowadays.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

fact is Bernie's now going to have started 7 of the first 10gms, on pace for 57 starts this season.

so even here at the start of the year, in the first 10gms, it's pretty clear that #1 job is Bernier's to lose, and that it was never really an open competition.

Ah in that case we agree. With what we gave up and paid him, the team clearly wants to give Bernier every opportunity to establish himself. If he does, then we get a franchise goalie with far less holes to his game then we had last year and in the long run that is something that will allow us to contend.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

if Bernier starts tonight that's 6 starts for him, 4 Reimer

The fact that Reimer got hurt half a minute into a game so Bernier played pretty much the entire game doesn't give him another start, Reimer started that game and would have played it had he not gotten hurt

northstarnicky

Mar 3, 2004
Wisconsin
With JVR not quite 100%, Kulemin our best and strongest 2-way talent still out, Clarkson's skill set still unavailable and Ranger still trying to get his game back, I am worried that even out working them for large portions of the game, we still would lose a close game. We need to get healthy.

With the cap being lowered, injuries will make a huge difference now. Teams just don't have the depth they might have had in years past.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
if Bernier starts tonight that's 6 starts for him, 4 Reimer

The fact that Reimer got hurt half a minute into a game so Bernier played pretty much the entire game doesn't give him another start, Reimer started that game and would have played it had he not gotten hurt

That's right, this is only Bernier's second start in a row. Some poeple might still argue that it should be Reimer's tonight anyways. But I still say it's a combination of Western Conference opponent and Reimer not 100%

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Fantastic work on the duck poster. Could the bottom right be McClement? That was my first thought when I saw it. But Orr probably fits better now that I look again.

Go Leafs Go! Need to find a way to pull the win out tonight. Then Clarkson's in for the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad