GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Morgan Rielly
William Nylander
Mitch Marner
Auston Matthews/Jakob Chychrun

This is a winning core

Considering no of them have won or proven anything yet, its not a winning core. It is potentially a winning core.

The Leafs are so far away its scary. They do not have anything to resembles a #1 goalie, #1 line or #1-2 dman pairing. Reilly is coming along, but is a long ways off. I am enjoying watching this team lose, and hopefully will enjoy watching them without Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak and half the other useless players on this team in the near future.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
One small remark: The rule is not restricted to players that clear waivers at the beginning of the season. If a player at any time clears waivers, he only has to be placed on waivers again after he has either cumulatively spent 30 days on the NHL roster or cumulatively played in 10 NHL games.

Interesting. Thanks. Could see Panik up for a short stint again.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Makes him look bad. You are stuck with the hand you are dealt. Thanks Babcock, good job giving up after 4 month. Such a team player.

You suck just as much as they do, so why not pull your socks up and be accountable for making this team better.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
So much for Babcock liking Froese. I wonder when he realizes he made a mistake and calls Panik back up. Bailey is a good option too though.

I think we will see Froese back later in the year, with Bozak likely in for Friday's game, he may be bringing up centers, to see what they can do and Bailey is getting a look see but it doesn't bode well for Arcobello or Holland.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Makes him look bad. You are stuck with the hand you are dealt. Thanks Babcock, good job giving up after 4 month. Such a team player.

You suck just as much as they do, so why not pull your socks up and be accountable for making this team better.

Seriously? :help:

I thought the interview was very informative. Babcock described what type of individual players he's looking for to lead the team and essentially stated that this team is devoid of those types of players so he's going to need all the guys giving max effort and sticking to the plan every night or else the results aren't going to be good. Pretty much just said it how it really is. I like how calm and cool his demeanor was, especially, given the "hand he was dealt". To me it shows his patience isn't running thin and that he's still willing to stick to the rebuild plan.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
So much for Babcock liking Froese. I wonder when he realizes he made a mistake and calls Panik back up. Bailey is a good option too though.

Apparently sending down Froese and calling up Bailey to get as close to the cap as possible so when they put someone on LTIR(Horton/Robidas) they have the maximum room available

Just a cap move. Froese back up for Friday

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Seriously? :help:

I thought the interview was very informative. Babcock described what type of individual players he's looking for to lead the team and essentially stated that this team is devoid of those types of players so he's going to need all the guys giving max effort and sticking to the plan every night or else the results aren't going to be good. Pretty much just said it how it really is. I like how calm and cool his demeanor was, especially, given the "hand he was dealt". To me it shows his patience isn't running thin and that he's still willing to stick to the rebuild plan.

Yes seriously.

He said it himself. We should be doing better than we are with those players. These guys are giving it every night and sticking to the plan, but we still lose.

It's obvious that he does not have faith faith in his team, so why the hell should they have faith in him. They've seen how he tosses guys in and out of the lineup at his whim. They have little confidence going into a game because they know that their coach has little confidence in them.

He's just as, if not more responsible, for this team losing as they are. The sooner he realizes this and starts to recognize his mistakes, the sooner we may start to win some games and see our players perform better.

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Yes seriously.

He said it himself. We should be doing better than we are with those players. These guys are giving it every night and sticking to the plan, but we still lose.

It's obvious that he does not have faith faith in his team, so why the hell should they have faith in him. They've seen how he tosses guys in and out of the lineup at his whim. They have little confidence going into a game because they know that their coach has little confidence in them.

He's just as, if not more responsible, for this team losing as they are. The sooner he realizes this and starts to recognize his mistakes, the sooner we may start to win some games and see our players perform better.

Rielly's certainly been negatively impacted by his lack of confidence in players.

He has confidence in players that have proven themselves worthy of having confidence shown towards them.

The entitlement era left on the flight to Pittsburgh with Phil.

Lion15

Apr 18, 2015
Kawartha Lakes

Apparently sending down Froese and calling up Bailey to get as close to the cap as possible so when they put someone on LTIR(Horton/Robidas) they have the maximum room available

Just a cap move. Froese back up for Friday

Froese must be loving this. All game time, no practices.

White Water Kayker

Nov 28, 2014

WHAT on Earth are you going on about?

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
Rielly's certainly been negatively impacted by his lack of confidence in players.

He has confidence in players that have proven themselves worthy of having confidence shown towards them.

The entitlement era left on the flight to Pittsburgh with Phil.

So they are subjected to the whims of their coach? Even better for their confidence because right now Babcock has confidence in players whom don't deserve it, and vice versa.

I mean, either he has confidence in few players to do well, or the players he has confidence in aren't doing enough to win games and needs to rely upon guys to come through for him. We are 1/10th of the way into the season. If you are giving up on someone like Holland or anyone else after 8 games, then you never had confidence in them in the first place.

Babcock should stick with this team through thick and thin until at least the new year. The only exceptions should be 1) Injuries, 2) Calling up Corrado and potentially one of Frattin or Panik for competition (Panik or Frattin only if he eventually prefers to send Harrington back to the Marlies) or 3) We get a trade that is acceptable to take before the new year (i.e. Polak may be traded). Barring any of these situations, he should stick with this team until the new year. At that time, if he feels like a particular player has sucked for most or all of the year, you start to break up this group like he has already been doing.

Swayze*

So they are subjected to the whims of their coach? Even better for their confidence because right now Babcock has confidence in players whom don't deserve it, and vice versa.

I mean, either he has confidence in few players to do well, or the players he has confidence in aren't doing enough to win games and needs to rely upon guys to come through for him. We are 1/10th of the way into the season. If you are giving up on someone like Holland or anyone else after 8 games, then you never had confidence in them in the first place.

Babcock should stick with this team through thick and thin until at least the new year. The only exceptions should be 1) Injuries, 2) Calling up Corrado and potentially one of Frattin or Panik for competition (Panik or Frattin only if he eventually prefers to send Harrington back to the Marlies) or 3) We get a trade that is acceptable to take before the new year (i.e. Polak may be traded). Barring any of these situations, he should stick with this team until the new year. At that time, if he feels like a particular player has sucked for most or all of the year, you start to break up this group like he has already been doing.

You're losing it man

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton

What the hell are you going on about? :laugh:

We are not supposed to call up players for 3 months in order to 'stick by the team'?

There's no point in even continuing this mind numbing conversation with you. Clearly you're on an Anti-Babcock agenda if the best you can find is calling up someone like Froese means he's not sticking with the team because Holland, who has sucked, was scratched :laugh:

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

He's not giving up, most of the games despite losing, he's praised the Leafs, they only have 1 win and likely should have more, but the game vs Phoenix is the 1st they played bad and deserved the loss, Babcock is saying there was no effort and except for the 3rd period, he's right.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
WHAT on Earth are you going on about?

The truth.

We are too quick to blame our goalies or players for our struggles when our coach is just as responsible for our struggles.

I personally don't care whether we win or not. I like the pain that are going through right now, because it just means we have a better chance at Matthews. Plus our core group of 13 forwards put together great games on a consistent basis, our goalies don't give up and our defense does well in limiting chance even though they have some demoralizing break downs; they will have plenty of value when we have to ship them out.

I'm just done with the lack of loyalty towards the Leafs players, and the lack of accountability of the coach. It's definitely not all on Babcock, but he has to be just as responsible, if not more responsible, for the struggles and mistakes made thus far. We aren't going to improve much otherwise.

Jan 3, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Considering no of them have won or proven anything yet, its not a winning core. It is potentially a winning core.

The Leafs are so far away its scary. They do not have anything to resembles a #1 goalie, #1 line or #1-2 dman pairing. Reilly is coming along, but is a long ways off. I am enjoying watching this team lose, and hopefully will enjoy watching them without Phaneuf, Lupul, Bozak and half the other useless players on this team in the near future.

No kidding, we officially started our rebuild last year. No one thinks we're 2 years away. We're going to draft top 3 this year. We'll get another 1st liner or #1 D.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
The truth.

We are too quick to blame our goalies or players for our struggles when our coach is just as responsible for our struggles.

I personally don't care whether we win or not. I like the pain that are going through right now, because it just means we have a better chance at Matthews. Plus our core group of 13 forwards put together great games on a consistent basis, our goalies don't give up and our defense does well in limiting chance even though they have some demoralizing break downs; they will have plenty of value when we have to ship them out.

I'm just done with the lack of loyalty towards the Leafs players, and the lack of accountability of the coach. It's definitely not all on Babcock, but he has to be just as responsible, if not more responsible, for the struggles and mistakes made thus far. We aren't going to improve much otherwise.

Your posts are usually pretty solid, but you're way off on this one.

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
He's not giving up, most of the games despite losing, he's praised the Leafs, they only have 1 win and likely should have more, but the game vs Phoenix is the 1st they played bad and deserved the loss, Babcock is saying there was no effort and except for the 3rd period, he's right.

We deserved to lose in Detroit too. That was worse than the Arizona game.

All I'm saying is Babcock has to take more responsibility for this team's struggles (just like we would be praising him if he was successful) and show that he believes in the team we've got. Constantly scratching guys for inferior players that should be on the Marlies does not do that.

OvenMittz*

Yes seriously.

I'm not surprised you feel this way, i remember you wanted us to bring up our prospects to play now "because they earned it through there play". (if im mistaken then i apologize)

You don't have patience much.. a coach sees things that we don't and he wants to correct things as soon as possible. This team has too many bad habits, from season before this one.. and its going to take discipline to get them straight.

We are rebuilding, we wont be competing for the next 3-4 season probably. Patience dude.. this fanbase ALL wanted a real rebuild.. it comes with pain.. its only going to get worse before it gets better.. a whole lot better!

SeaOfBlue

Aug 1, 2013
You're losing it man

What the hell are you going on about? :laugh:

We are not supposed to call up players for 3 months in order to 'stick by the team'?

There's no point in even continuing this mind numbing conversation with you. Clearly you're on an Anti-Babcock agenda if the best you can find is calling up someone like Froese means he's not sticking with the team because Holland, who has sucked, was scratched :laugh:

I'm not on any agenda. I'm just saying what needs to be said. If you think I'm losing it, fine by me. It does not make me wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad