GDT: Leafs vs Canucks - 9PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I’m not sure I understood Keefe’s tone about the Tavares Nylander being “okayyyy” in the post game interview last night. If you feel like this is a coaching moment, lay out the expectations clearly and not in a passive aggressive way.

Guys like Marner have been so sloppy lately and no comment on that. Especially when Marner comes out and says “things happen” regarding the Ehlers turnover last Thursday.

LOL did Keefe really say that? LMAO

I thought Nylander looked okay.... He definitely could have hustled a bit more for sure but he got 2 points last night not sure what Keefe wants? or was this a way to say JT get your head in the game?

I noticed Keefe swapping Robertson out for Mikheyev later on in the game; I guess Keefe expected Nylander to play hard forechecking game to make up for Robertson's inexperience? :dunno:

Marner really needs to be told to wise up and not spew things like that especially when you wear an "A" and are the third highest paid player on the team; take some ownership

I guess Foligno can join the team on Tuesday; so there is that... not sure if he will dress.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

:rolleyes: Hard to take seriously this franchises attempts at making everyone feel equal and one part of a team and have accountability when just last night we saw them have zero reaction to one of the most well liked guys on the team got hurt.

I mean f*** the dude was the only one to score a goal at 5 on 5 last night for us. Reprimand him but you don't have to make it public or threaten to scratch him unless it becomes a pattern.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
The way they've been playing they're trying to make a point with Nylander maybe... thing is he was one of their better forwards last night so rock and a hard place.

How about we get solid goaltending and the Leafs just kick their f***ing ass.

No tight game bullshit... come out and win by 4 or 5.

Put big save Dave in... let's f***ing go.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Nylander should play unless this has happened more than once. How about Keefe hold guys like Jumbo Joe and Simmonds accountable for their ass play?

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
Pregame for what? They’re just going to lose again because that’s all they’re good for out in Vancouver this season. Hop on the ice, lay an egg, and we get to listen to Hughson climax because our team can’t be arsed to show up.

Sorry, still mad.

Yeah, don't hold back your feelings here...

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
I'm okay if we go to Rittich tomorrow. I really like Campbell, but a 1A-1B tandem with these two is something we might be looking at next year. And with a cost savings on the cap, I'd welcome it. Win your game, keep playing. Lose your game, switch. Back to back games, switch regardless. Goalie with the better showing gets the next one. Creates great, healthy, internal competition.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Accountability should go for everyone, not just engvall and Nylander. I can count on 1 hand the amount of players who have shown up for the majority of the season so far, and I that list narrows down even further when looking over the last month. I don’t mind accountability, heck I look at the islanders and like a lot of the aspects of their rules, but they have their accountability for everyone, not just a couple players. Jumbo and Simmonds should not be in the line up at all, but if they must it should be 1 at a time, they both are way passed what should be considered useful on a consistent basis in the NHL. There’s even more names to bring up, but there’s no point. At the end of the day this accountability needs to be for everyone, not just a select few

Reactions: saffronleaf

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I'm okay if we go to Rittich tomorrow. I really like Campbell, but a 1A-1B tandem with these two is something we might be looking at next year. And with a cost savings on the cap, I'd welcome it. Win your game, keep playing. Lose your game, switch. Back to back games, switch regardless. Goalie with the better showing gets the next one. Creates great, healthy, internal competition.

Yeah I don't see a problem with going that route at all.

Reactions: Nylander88

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
For sure take some disciplinary action on Nylander for being late but where is the short leash on superstars like Marner who play so carelessly or players who aren’t playing well like Simmonds and Thornton who don’t deserve regular minutes let alone PP time. I think it’s uneven discipline that will erode a room.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Nylander should play unless this has happened more than once. How about Keefe hold guys like Jumbo Joe and Simmonds accountable for their ass play?
Wasnt there a meeting earlier during another, different season when this also happened sire? Also it was nylander back thesen sire.
But yeah, I've seen it happen and go down even after an important first one. Its not even rare at sports. Tortorella's and jose mourhinho's teams are always equal. Nobody's more important than the other guy sire. Also with the Lou. And Quinn. Etc. Everybody. Lets see what happens.

After a horrible loss like that, we all should be on the same pegage. Twerkin together.

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Maybe he went to meet the man in the cape?

e08db17b0a82aad087316b53c12c41fb--larry-david-seinfeld.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad