GDT: Leafs vs Canucks - 9PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax

:rolleyes: Hard to take seriously this franchises attempts at making everyone feel equal and one part of a team and have accountability when just last night we saw them have zero reaction to one of the most well liked guys on the team got hurt.

I mean f*** the dude was the only one to score a goal at 5 on 5 last night for us. Reprimand him but you don't have to make it public or threaten to scratch him unless it becomes a pattern.

Just 1 regular season game, I have no problem with it because of its purpose, not to Willie specifically but its message to the entire team; a one & done situation & nothing more.

Keefe seems to give quite a bit of leash to his stars, don't mind him keeping a short leash for a disciplinary situation like this.

Surprised Foligno is coming right out of quarantine and into game action with a new team; thought they'd give him a little practice time first.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Just 1 regular season game, I have no problem with it because of its purpose, not to Willie specifically but its message to the entire team; a one & done situation & nothing more.

Keefe seems to give quite a bit of leash to his stars, don't mind him keeping a short leash for a disciplinary situation like this.

Yeah we'll see if he follows through or not. Doesn't seem like it was a forsure thing.

Surprised Foligno is coming right out of quarantine and into game action with a new team; thought they'd give him a little practice time first.

Not sure if he's in Thursday or not but he should be good to go id think. A practice would help forsure but they may throw him right in.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

Like Kadri in his first or second year. You'd think he would have outgrown irresponsible behaviour especially with how much like s at stake this year.

He seems to care enough about his teammates so hopefully the one game suspension gets the message across. The team is headed into the stretch.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Team needs to come out and win the rest of the way for Zach. The more I think about it the more piss I am for the team not doing Jack all after the knee. I know it was a major-right after and Edler was gone....but they need to rough up the other team to send a message.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Is this a late start?
Yes 9pm, but normal start time the rest of the month (except MTL game)

f5nzhFA.png

Reactions: ACC1224

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
My hope is we take out our frustration with good hockey play. No dirty antics or bone headed penalties.

Get the win. Get the powerplay going. Get Matthews more goals.

Those are my priorities.

Reactions: wingman75

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
With injured Zach Hyman out, Toronto Maple Leafs coach says others will ‘step up’ - TSN.ca

In a strange turn, William Nylander was singled out at Monday’s practice by having to don a grey seater generally reserved for taxi squad players. The winger just returned Sunday from a five-game absence due to COVID-19 protocols and scored the opening salvo for Toronto in Sunday’s overtime loss.

Nylander did not take reps in his usual spot on the Leafs’ power play and only stepped into a regular line rush when Ilya Mikheyev left practice for unknown reasons. Keefe said the demotion for Nylander was caused by a disciplinary issue that could affect whether he plays on Tuesday.

“It was a simple [as Nylander] was late for a meeting here this morning and his status was that he wasn't going to play tomorrow,” Keefe said. “And so we had him on the outside here for today for practice and we're going to discuss it and reassess it for tomorrow night's game.”

Toronto has come down hard on players in the past for tardiness. Last season, former winger Kasperi Kapanen was benched for a night after missing a scheduled team meeting. But Keefe’s potential change of heart with Nylander appeared to stem from Mikheyev’s unexplained departure from Monday’s session.

Mikheyev had been the first Leaf on the ice for practice, and then spent a couple minutes talking to trainer Paul Ayotte on the bench prior to high-tailing it off. Keefe had no update on him after, and said Mikheyev is “questionable” for Tuesday’s game. If he is unable to play, Keefe would have little choice but to slot Nylander back in.

And it’s hard to argue that wouldn’t be in Toronto’s best interest. The Leafs are riding a four-game winless streak into Tuesday night, and haven’t scored more than two goals in any of those outings. Nylander already has one against the Canucks on this trip, and the Leafs will be eyeing more production – from whomever is tapped to play – on Tuesday.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Willie is one step closer to being traded, I love it.
When you play like you couldn't care less, it's eventually going to spill out to other areas.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
I think Nylander's status as a Leaf will come down to the players. It will be the players that will vote him off the island. If everyone is trying to pull their weight in being the best this team possibly can and Nylander, despite the skillset isn't bearing down with them? Yeah he could end up on a trade-block. Just don't think it will ever really come down to a Keefe and Dubas v.s. players scenario.
Matthews has stepped up with 46 hits. Tavares 38, Kerfoot 30, Jason Speazza with 4th line minutes 21... and there's Nylander and his 11 behind Galchenyuk who just showed up and already has 19. You fight for your fellow soldiers, not for the commanders. He can be an incredible shot, but if he's not willing to fight when the action really heats up... he'll be on the outside even if he continues to wear the uniform.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
This team seems so far from a team.... I don't think we have an identity. Sure things may just click and the team might get rolling in the playoffs but I'm not so confident. Hopefully Nash and Foligno plug some holes and some much needed stability.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
This team seems so far from a team.... I don't think we have an identity. Sure things may just click and the team might get rolling in the playoffs but I'm not so confident. Hopefully Nash and Foligno plug some holes and some much needed stability.
This is very far from the truth. The reason no roster players were traded at the deadline is because of how close they all are.

Nylander was late. He’s being disciplined, he’s human. He’ll man up and apologize, come back and it’ll be forgotten.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I think Nylander's status as a Leaf will come down to the players. It will be the players that will vote him off the island. If everyone is trying to pull their weight in being the best this team possibly can and Nylander, despite the skillset isn't bearing down with them? Yeah he could end up on a trade-block. Just don't think it will ever really come down to a Keefe and Dubas v.s. players scenario.
Matthews has stepped up with 46 hits. Tavares 38, Kerfoot 30, Jason Speazza with 4th line minutes 21... and there's Nylander and his 11 behind Galchenyuk who just showed up and already has 19. You fight for your fellow soldiers, not for the commanders. He can be an incredible shot, but if he's not willing to fight when the action really heats up... he'll be on the outside even if he continues to wear the uniform.

I don’t like Nylander either, but it’s not because he doesn’t body check.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

They have a very strong identity but not always what you want it to be as a fan (or armchair coach).

It's interesting they talk about forming championship habits and having leaders to change the culture of the room this year to 'help' the core but that's a work in progress. Compared to other young cores I find they tend to not be as naturally hungry to battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad