GDT: Leafs vs Canucks - 9PM SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
I like Nylander, but I am indifferent on the issue. Its a tough call -- we missed his skillset during his absence but I do think there should be consequences for tardiness @ 6.9m.

I like Sandin on the PP..hoping Liljegren gets a look soon.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He's being paid close to 7M/yr. Is it too much to ask for him to be on time?
It's not too much to ask. But if you're paying him $7m a year, you're probably going to listen to what he has to say in his defense. Professionals have standards, but professionals also understand that shit happens.

I'm willing to trust the coach on this one.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Sandin should really get a look on PP1 tbh, it might be the jolt that group needs.

In any case, excited to watch him tonight.
Would be nice if Liljegren got the same opportunity but what do I know? He's not a Dubas draft pick so I guess Sandin gets the preferential treatment while Liljegren gets the Leafs/Marlies/Taxi-squad yo-yo.

I'll be the first to commend Bogo for the job he's done this year for minimum wage but is he the long term solution at RHD? Highly doubt it. I just don't get, the way they've treated Liljegren.

Reactions: stickty111

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I don't think you're crazy at all. If I had to pick a goalie for us now, I have no idea how to even go about making a decision. It's basically a lottery at this point and I'd rather have two tickets then three so I hope we see Freddie again before the playoffs start.
I'd rather have the winning ticket! :nod:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
These Canucks lines are right ....but I'm mostly guessing on the Leafs lines....with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210420-144623_Sheets.jpg

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Great to see Sandin slot in for a game. There is no way he should have been given a shot before Liljegren though.

I honestly don't know else a player has to do to a chance. At this rate me may as well just ask for a trade

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Would be nice if Liljegren got the same opportunity but what do I know? He's not a Dubas draft pick so I guess Sandin gets the preferential treatment while Liljegren gets the Leafs/Marlies/Taxi-squad yo-yo.

I'll be the first to commend Bogo for the job he's done this year for minimum wage but is he the long term solution at RHD? Highly doubt it. I just don't get, the way they've treated Liljegren.
This was pretty clear last year too. When Sandin got chosen for the AHL all star game. Each team chosses their representative, and they chose Sandin despite Lilly outplaying him.
I don't mind it for now but if in the NHL, Lilly outplays him but they hand Sandin opportinities, thats when we have issues.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I don't think Sandin is replacing Mo on PP1 though.
Rasmus Anderson didn't replace Mark Giordano as their PP1 quarterback right away either, he won the position thru his production.

If Reilly continues to shit the bed as the QB and Sandin shines it's only a matter of time

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
Nylander needs to be on the ice. In the words of the great Allen Iverson "We talkin about practice"

In this case a meeting, which is way more insignificant. Looking forward to the Nylander "We talkin about meetings" rant

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Hopefully next game. Seeing Dubas said the plan was to get him in some games to close out the season, it has to be happening soon. Then again they've had a few golden opportunities to do it and haven't yet so I don't know.
Yup. The issue is Hutton is also about to join the team, so even less chance for Lilly to get in.
It's too bad our media doesn't have the guts to ask questions like that. "Why is Sandin in over Lilly who has played a lot more games this season?"

Reactions: Maplebeasts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad