GDT: Leafs vs Canadiens | Oct 7 - 7pm est | The Pain Starts (But Please beat Montreal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
That's kind of what I mean - if this game is boring to you, I feel like you're likely to find 90% of NHL games pretty boring and could do well to find a new hobby. Or at least start watching the Blackhawks instead, lol.
It's refreshing because we are not used to competence like this. Whether this kind of hockey will be fun to watch on a regular basis, that might be a tougher sell. Looks like smart coaching sure can make a difference, though.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
I'm watching this game, and I'm actually enjoying watching this game. Even if we lose, I'm still enjoying it. They're playing, and playing damn well at that.

So many times, I've seen our D leading the rush. Sometimes they're even camped out by the net, and..... it's.... working.

I care not for what mad sorcery Babcock might be conjuring. It's... working. And, I'm happy seeing it work.

I don't get how it all adds up. Normally watching the Leafs makes me depressed. Have I died and gone to a heaven that closely resembles earth?

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
that was only a scoring chance because some hab simultaneously tripped, hooked, held, and dragged a leaf to the ice with him right at the blueline right in front of the ref

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
GREAT SAVE BERNIER!!!

He's got that mental stability back!

zyFTQFQ.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
GREAT SAVE BERNIER!!!

It's not that he's not capable, but his focus is so bad. He'll make great saves for most of the game or period, but BAM, one super incredibly bad goal.

Whatever though. I guess that's why he's a low end starter for now.

Leafs have played great but they can't win with just scoring one goal. They gotta keep working.

TMLer

I was saying boo-urns
Feb 11, 2013
Ottawa
As long as they all work like a well oiled machine and everyone gives 100%, you don't need a Crosby or ovechkin.

Alerion

Dec 24, 2012
Halifax, NS
GREAT SAVE BERNIER!!!

The knock on him is how he starts games and he did nothing to disprove this tonight. I'm not sure why you think two nice saves in the second period relate to this.

Skeptix

Jun 5, 2010
It's not that he's not capable, but his focus is so bad. He'll make great saves for most of the game or period, but BAM, one super incredibly bad goal.

Whatever though. I guess that's why he's a low end starter for now.

Leafs have played great but they can't win with just scoring one goal. They gotta keep working.

We can't be worried about goal tender. It's really one of our last priorities. If we can upgrade, then sure do it. But we have much weaker holes to fill first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad