GDT: Leafs vs Canadiens | Oct 7 - 7pm est | The Pain Starts (But Please beat Montreal).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Pumpkins. There's a chill in their air. the Jays are in the playoffs..

and Hockey is here. :)

Thank goooodnesss .

It will be interesting to see how this game goes. that's for sure.

when i get home I'll get the lineups and what not

Last edited:

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Can't wait for season to begin.

Now, I think I'll go look for the game/score prediction thread.

Go Leafs!

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Toronto was 0-2-2 against Montreal last season, only scoring 7 goals in the process against Carey Price in all 4 games. Bozak led the team in points with 3 in 4 games. Bernier played all games going 0-2-2 with a .908SV% and 2.67GAA in 4 games versus Montreal last season.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I'd normally be pretty excited but I know pretty much what to expect and not many players that I look forward to watching again...

...so yeah. Go Leafs?

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I'd normally be pretty excited but I know pretty much what to expect and not many players that I look forward to watching again...

...so yeah. Go Leafs?

Almost in the same boat but I'm looking forward to see how Babcock uses Rielly and Gardiner this season. Also hope it's going to be a very interesting trade deadline.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Should be a good game though, The Leafs always play the Habs tough and they should be pumped up opening the season at home. Predicting a 3-2 Leafs win.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
When Babcock said there will be pain, it was really a warning to the rest of the league. 4-2 Leafs. Bernier First Star.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When Babcock said there will be pain, it was really a warning to the rest of the league. 4-2 Leafs. Bernier First Star.

I mean, we all know Kessel was weighing down the whole team, but in particular Tyler Bozak.

Pain is coming, National Hockey League.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Do you all think we'll see a new 'A' on a sweater or is it something that coaching staff would wait and see.

Robidas had an 'A'. May as well have another 'A' don't you think - it has some minor advantages like talking to refs, etc, OR, is it something the coaches wouldn't to decide on yet?

Don't want to start any arguments, but, I'd like to see Kadri have an A.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Won't be the barn burner that it was when Orr/McLaren/Prust/Parros were playing but hopefully it won't be a snoozefest.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

...so yeah. Go Leafs?

So long as they play quality hockey you'll probably be enjoying it more than last season. Some guys will emerge out of this and be entertaining.

I hope Komarov has a big year and Kadri shows us he's got more to him.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
I'll be watching to see what team controls play tonight. Price is basically the toughest goalie in the league to beat, so if we lose on the scoreboard but control play all evening I'll consider it a solid start.

Oh yeah and Habs suck! KICK THEIR BUTTS TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH AND BACK LEAFS!

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
Which player will play much much better than they did in pre-season?
Which player will be a surprise when they turn it on a little bit or pick up their pace from the pre-season seemingly more than any other player does?

Komarov could surprise I think. I don't think it would be a big surprise. Don't know if he was getting up his speed, but, I do think he could surprise in the first real game. Like, oh yeah, that's the pesty and energetic Komarov we loved!

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
excited-baby.gif

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
I just hope Bernier won't get pulled, if he starts a mess he should dig himself out alone. Can't be that Reimstar has to help him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad