Series Talk: Leafs vs Bruins - 'ah shit here we go again' edition -- Full schedule post #933

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
I'll be cheering and praying every game, but I've seen this movie too many times and wouldn't be surprised if we get swept 4-0. Their goaltending is much better than ours. We scored 7 goals in 4 losses to them during the regular season, I don't see anything changing in the playoffs.

Besides a Stanley Cup there's nothing I'd like more than a series win against the Bruins, I just don't see it happening.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Wtf are we going to do with our goaltending...
So this is a pretty big question.. Samsonov goes game 1 but do we play Martin Jones tomorrow just to have him ready? I feel Keefe will more or less roll lines tomorrow.

Do the Bruins know who their game 1 starter is? One thing I like is that Jim Montgomery is feeling the pressure.. every bit as much as Keefe.

Reactions: Aus34Matt

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
I don’t know about this. That series with Tampa screams 7 games, and there will be more than a pound of flesh taken on both sides. Whoever comes outta there is gonna be limping
Hope Tampa wins

I have liked what I have seen from Robertsson. He should play instead of Jarnkrok
I agree. Jarnkrok has barely played in months while Robertson can at least score.

Reactions: fahad203 and Kurtz

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Can we get some polls going on our board?

Which Leaf will get a suspension?

How many PPs will Boston get in game 1, 2, 3 amd 4?

Which Leafs player will be injured first?

What creative way will the refs f*** us over?

How many PP points will Pastrnak get this series?

What will be the Leafs special teams %

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
The Bruins have been the big bad for us for years, it's a meeting of fate.

Time for the hockey gods to pick a new team, and 70 goals is something they haven't seen since the 90s.

It's time for the cup to live in Toronto year round.

P.s- If they don't, blow it the f*ck up, because you can't get blood from stone lol.

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
So this is a pretty big question.. Samsonov goes game 1 but do we play Martin Jones tomorrow just to have him ready? I feel Keefe will more or less roll lines tomorrow.

Do the Bruins know who their game 1 starter is? One thing I like is that Jim Montgomery is feeling the pressure.. every bit as much as Keefe.
I’m expecting Murray at some point.

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
Welcome!

Andersen was a big part in us losing at least one of the Game 7s in Boston so I don't know if I'd feel any better about him now.
Freddy also a huge part we made it to game 7. And since then look how bad samsonov has played and cost us huge games over and over.
Welcome!

Andersen was a big part in us losing at least one of the Game 7s in Boston so I don't know if I'd feel any better about him now.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here longer time leaf fan. I hate to say this but one single move that killed us and we have never recovered losing Freddy Anderson. Right now going in against Boston having steady Freddy would be the difference. We never replaced him and samsonov outside of being lucky has proven he lacks mental toughness. It shocks me here we are again and going with samsonov. The guy was the worse in playoffs last year. We got rid of Freddy Anderson for way less. And Keefe the coach same issues. While the leafs like to talk about changes and getting better. They never address losing Anderson or fixing their coaching issues. I hope I’m wrong but Boston takes this in 5 maybe 4. The same issues will repeat. Questionable samsonov goal tending and Keefe coaching errors.

boston will win but freddy always chokes, he's a stone cold loser

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
We gave all the core 4 chance after chance and let downs in playoffs over and over. Anderson gets kicked to curb over a single bad goal and his team didn’t score more than 1 goal ? Also sure getting rid of Anderson for something else is one thing but we literally gave him away for nothing. I gladly take my chances in playoffs with Freddy over samsonov

Attachments

• IMG_6439.jpeg
    IMG_6439.jpeg
    168.4 KB · Views: 2

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I am guessing Sat, Mon, Thu, Sat then who knows. We'll need some two day breaks as some series are apparently not starting until Tuesday (VAN).
Yeah fair. I'm hoping for Wednesday/Friday home games next week to be honest - I agreed to plan a friggin wedding dinner with my wife and I's family next Saturday without really thinking about it a few months ago. Told her if there was a game on I'd watch it after the dinner but I have tickets secured so I hope it's not Saturday, but you're probably right lol.

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
The main thing I like about the Boston Bruins. My opinion only.

The players play for the name on the front of the SWEATER, not the name on the back.
The players play for each other.
The players play for the fans.
The players play for the city of Boston.

The Leafs? every 2 weeks they get money deposited into their bank accounts.

Maxmann

Apr 16, 2024
boston will win but freddy always chokes, he's a stone cold loser
Anderson stats prove your comment is false. Leafs have no goaltending period. Last 3 games heading into playoffs this late in season 6 goals against 5 goals against and 6 against. Samsonov let it 11 goals last two games on 28 shots? And did you see samsonov last year in playoffs brutal and what about start of year horrible worse in league in years.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs are the more grittier and physical team. Im not worried about that aspect. This aint your big bad bruins

Reactions: Menzinger

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We gave all the core 4 chance after chance and let downs in playoffs over and over. Anderson gets kicked to curb over a single bad goal and his team didn’t score more than 1 goal ? Also sure getting rid of Anderson for something else is one thing but we literally gave him away for nothing. I gladly take my chances in playoffs with Freddy over samsonov
But we let Andy walk so we could snag Mrazek. Sheer genius by the boy blunder.

Reactions: Cleetus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad