Leafs to wear Toronto Arenas throwback jerseys on December 19th

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I know I already made a thread on that, but I think the damn HF update killed it. Here's another view of the jersey.

36rn10tpy6yz.jpg

Reactions: northeastern

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Not my favorite vintage Leafs jersey but it'll be fun to see them in action with them on.

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
If you are going to do a throwback jersey, make it distinctive. This is way too close to the Leafs jerseys, and comes across as bland and boring.

As Tarheelhockey explained, this is virtually an EXACT REPLICA of a sweater that was worn 100 years ago! Hence this being the centennial year of professional hockey in Toronto; the Canadiens did the same thing in 2009 with three sweaters that were exact copies of ones they wore in their very early years.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
One of the nicer special jerseys in a while. Good work. Great re creation and almost 100%, the almost being the required branding of course.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
As Tarheelhockey explained, this is virtually an EXACT REPLICA of a sweater that was worn 100 years ago! Hence this being the centennial year of professional hockey in Toronto; the Canadiens did the same thing in 2009 with three sweaters that were exact copies of ones they wore in their very early years.

I thought in 1917 it was just the "T"

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Half of Toronta fans will be thinking where are my leafs.... just kidding the suits will be to busy not watching the game.

Its a 2pm start, maybe to busy setting up evening meetings.

Speaking of which I don't ever recall a game being played in the afternoon of a weekday.
Even Sunday day games are rare.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad