Confirmed with Link: Leafs to play Home Opener (01/21/13 vs. Buffalo) for FREEEEEEE ($0.00)

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
It's laughable some people are equating "realness" of a fan with how much noise they make. Have you ever considered that some die hard fans may not have the personality to scream the whole game? What about senior fans?

Sports fans can be reserved people.. stop judging them. A reasonable thing one can say about this is that a free game allows families to bring children, who may make more noise out of sheer excitement.

xyzz

Aug 18, 2008
It's laughable some people are equating "realness" of a fan with how much noise they make. Have you ever considered that some die hard fans may not have the personality to scream the whole game? What about senior fans?

Sports fans can be reserved people.. stop judging them. A reasonable thing one can say about this is that a free game allows families to bring children, who may make more noise out of sheer excitement.

YES. I'm on these boards every day, read every article written in the Toronto media about the team, and listen to sports radio every day. I'm writing this as I drink coffee from my Leafs mug.

I dont miss a single game. I go to one or two games a year, and when I do - I am not a loud fan at all... Thats just how I am.

Am I not "really" a fan?

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Yeah, I just spent the last 4 hours walking around in my jersey with a Leafs cup banner on my back. Couldn't find anything. Didn't see this street crew that they said would be going around. Went from Eaton Centre to Maple Leafs Square, around the Rogers Centre, back to Maple Leafs Square and up by Dundas Square with no luck.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
YES. I'm on these boards every day, read every article written in the Toronto media about the team, and listen to sports radio every day. I'm writing this as I drink coffee from my Leafs mug.

I dont miss a single game. I go to one or two games a year, and when I do - I am not a loud fan at all... Thats just how I am.

Am I not "really" a fan?

I'd say you're a real fan, but then my own habits are similar to yours. I really resent the idea that quiet fans aren't real Leaf fans. Not everyone wants to spend their time watching a game, constantly screaming or jumping around.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Oh man, you guys are supposed to follow the Leafs official site, twitter and FB for location clues...I feel for the ones who went randomly wandering the streets!

Per MLSE PR twitter, they hinted that the giveaway may have something to do with TeamUp Foundation rinks. I'm guessing that those scheduled family skates that MLSE arranged are the areas where the giveaways will take place. But yeah, keep tabs on their twitter and Facebook.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I am a loud fan, I scream I jump I go home with no voice. Doesn't make me more of a fan then the quiet guy, maybe more fun :P , but not more of a fan.

I also hate when people say the guys in the corporate seats aren't fans. how do you know what they are. Just because you come from the office, doesn't mean you are not a real fan. I mean I would always bring my jersey, but sometimes when bringing a client out you want to seem professional, no matter how big of a fan you are.

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto
Feel for you guys who roamed the streets, thats commitment

Leafs Nation Rink Dedications – three rinks previously refurbished by the MLSE Team Up Foundation will receive special Toronto Maple Leafs makeovers including full rink boards treatment, graphic murals, zamboni wrap, player and alumni appearances and giveaways
Anyone have any idea what rinks these are and when?

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
is there any way to score tickets via an online lottery or any thing online? or do you have to basically be in toronto and get randomly luckey..

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site

Am I not "really" a fan?
no you're not. find a new sport. :)

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Feel for you guys who roamed the streets, thats commitment

Anyone have any idea what rinks these are and when?
weekevents13.jpg

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Am I not "really" a fan?

The whole concept of a "real fan" is stupid. If you support and cheer for a team, you are a fan. I have never been to the ACC (I live in NS though), am I not a real fan?

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
not really a big deal at all... a better thing would be lowering ticket prices until they start winning so more actual fans can attend games. not smart business wise but it would help their reputation

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
not really a big deal at all... a better thing would be lowering ticket prices until they start winning so more actual fans can attend games. not smart business wise but it would help their reputation

Ya, dropping 2+ million dollars for fans... no big deal

Dr Turk

Jul 4, 2008
Toronto

That's ****ing stupid. Leafs reputation as a business is at an all time high after their response to the lockout, no other team came close.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

How would that help "actual fans"? It would just give Scalpers more money.

What are "actual fans"?

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
Oh man, you guys are supposed to follow the Leafs official site, twitter and FB for location clues...I feel for the ones who went randomly wandering the streets!

Per MLSE PR twitter, they hinted that the giveaway may have something to do with TeamUp Foundation rinks. I'm guessing that those scheduled family skates that MLSE arranged are the areas where the giveaways will take place. But yeah, keep tabs on their twitter and Facebook.

There was nothing on there twitter.. no clues or anything from what I saw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad