Confirmed with Link: Leafs to play Home Opener (01/21/13 vs. Buffalo) for FREEEEEEE ($0.00)

Morlesio14*

Yeah I might go down to the Acc with my leafs jersey tomorrow after school. Hopefully I'll get lucky

Bigleaf

Jun 21, 2008
Yeah I might go down to the Acc with my leafs jersey tomorrow after school. Hopefully I'll get lucky

I would guess that your odds of "getting lucky" tomorrow are greater than your odds of getting your hands on some tickets for the home opener.

:D

Leafs12232

Feb 23, 2012
Is this implying that there are only 1,000 tickets available per game, meaning that the place is over 90% season ticket holders?

Close. There are 16,000 season ticket holders. Including standing room, there are around 19,500 available seats.

For everything but the home opener, 2000 tickets are usually available on Ticketmaster during the presale and onsale. 500 get dropped later in the 7 days before the game.

The home opener typically has under 1,000 tickets available to the public.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Close. There are 16,000 season ticket holders. Including standing room, there are around 19,500 available seats.

For everything but the home opener, 2000 tickets are usually available on Ticketmaster during the presale and onsale. 500 get dropped later in the 7 days before the game.

The home opener typically has under 1,000 tickets available to the public.

That doesn't sound right.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
that sucks for you but really it doesnt matter since people will still charge the same prices..the way i see it is that the crowd will be much much more lively then in past games...1000+ real fans will make a big difference..looking forward to watching on tv
how does them giving 1000 tickets away in stead of selling those 1000 tickets change the "realness" of the fan?

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Sure you can. But a lot of people can't afford to throw 100-300 down for a game. What about the fans that live in P.E.I. or down in Windsor, Ontario? It's a little more time consuming and costly for them to go to games. You shouldn't judge the diehard leaf fans by how many games they go to. Instead, how much they follow them and for how long of their lives they have been following them. Just my opinion at least.
good advice.

you should follow it too and stop judging the season ticket holders

LeafsGuru93

me & Dave Ellett
Oct 7, 2006
TORONTO
Date Event

January 18 – 25 - Leafs Mobile Fanzone in the Community – over 7,000 giveaway items including Leafs and Marlies tickets, sweaters, gloves, pucks and hats

- Leafs Nation Rink Dedications – three rinks previously refurbished by the MLSE Team Up Foundation will receive special Toronto Maple Leafs makeovers including full rink boards treatment, graphic murals, zamboni wrap, player and alumni appearances and giveaways

January 18 – 21 - The Blue and White Crew will be distributing opening night tickets to fans proudly wearing their Leafs gear in and around the city

January 21 - Nathan Phillips Square rink activation – free skate rentals, ticket giveaways, Leafs alumni and Marlies appearances and a special Leafs treatment for the rink

January 21

(Home Opener) - Alumni greeting fans and making suite visits

- Free scarf giveaway upon entrance

- Free Coke fountain drinks all game

- ‘Tonight It’s On Us’ – E11even, RSA, RSBG, Air Canada Club, Platinum Club, Hot Stove tabs for randomly selected customers

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650841

LeafsGuru93

me & Dave Ellett
Oct 7, 2006
TORONTO
The Big Swede said:
Wow MLSE we might actually get real fans into the building

People that lay out thousands of dollars for seasons tickets are real fans.

He means REAL fans that make noise and don't sit on their hands during the game. The fans that pack bars every game to watch a game. The ACC WILL BE LOUD on Monday, cause real fans will be in there.

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
I'm wondering where their going to be giving out the tickets? Maybe by real sports, dundas sq, cn tower and ???

ps anyone know if their going to be showing the Habs vs Leafs game on the big screen outside the ACC?

paulster2626

Oct 11, 2008
I'm wondering where their going to be giving out the tickets? Maybe by real sports, dundas sq, cn tower and ???

ps anyone know if their going to be showing the Habs vs Leafs game on the big screen outside the ACC?

I just realized, with the season going to late April, if the Leafs are playing meaningful games then, that place will be awesome. It's just screaming for "playoff viewing" - with this team this might be the closest we get for a couple years.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009

Maybe Eaton's Centre. Just a guess.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I should have brought my jersey to wear after work in Union Station. I doubt they'll be venturing too far away from the ACC anyway. Maybe as far north as the Eaton's Centre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad