Confirmed with Link: Leafs to name new captain... shortly

Who will be the captain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Marner, along with Matthews and Nylander having to take turns taping his stick, only way Dubas could sign him for south of 11 mil. JK - Reilly it is, need to get him on team friendly contract ones he hits UFA.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Pretty much unanimous.

Pzgwrqa.gif

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
*OCTOBER 2ND, roster announcement before game.*

"From Scottsdale, Arizona, and your new Maple Leafs captain, NUMBER 34......AUSTONNNNNN......MATTHEWSSSSS!"
They'll announce it before so they can do a big media event.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Marner, along with Matthews and Nylander having to take turns taping his stick, only way Dubas could sign him for south of 11 mil. JK - Reilly it is, need to get him on team friendly contract ones he hits UFA.

I'm not too worried about Rielly. He's a quality guy, he likes it here, and he is the main guy on this defense. We'll make sure he gets his fair share, but there is definitely not going to be any of the kind of crap where he tries to suck us of every last penny he can get.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka
Kristen Shilton

@kristen_shilton
Mike Babcock said #Leafs ideal captain is like Kawhi Leonard was: "...competitive edge, not bothered by much, left all his talking to his play."

Auston Matthews today on how he leads: "I just go about my business and let my play and my actions do the talking." I'm just saying.

WOW, MLSE is really giving the Marner camp another kick to the groin...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad