Confirmed with Link: Leafs To Hire Spokane Chiefs GM Tim Speltz

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Yep. The former Director of Central Scouting for the Q, and former Sherbrook GM. Though he's unlisted as of yet on the Leafs scouting list.
Thought he got hired as a regional scout, whereas the position Speltz got is on par with Ari Vuori position in Europe. It makes sense though it is fairly easy for Hunter based in Ontario to oversee Quebec and the USHL/USNDP/NCAA stuff. I don't think Speltz position exists in many other organizations (if any at all). Usually, there is a Director of Amateur Scouting/Director of Player Personel, a Director of Pro-Scouting, and a Director of European Scouting.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Now it seems like have regional scouts everywhere major except the QMJHL. I'm sure there are some guys from the OHL (plus Hunter) looking over there, but it doesn't look like anyone is exclusively there at this point. Maybe new scout Real Paiement, but one exclusive guy is not enough, even if you have a bunch of other guys like Hunter, Daccord, etc. looking there too.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Now it seems like have regional scouts everywhere major except the QMJHL. I'm sure there are some guys from the OHL (plus Hunter) looking over there, but it doesn't look like anyone is exclusively there at this point. Maybe new scout Real Paiement, but one exclusive guy is not enough, even if you have a bunch of other guys like Hunter, Daccord, etc. looking there too.

We just hired Patrick Charbonneau from Sherbrooke of the QMJHL.

http://theleafsnation.com/2016/8/10/leafs-hire-patrick-charbonneau-out-of-qmjhl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad