Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Tampa - moving on from boo gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Very possible by the end of Saturday they are unless they smarten up and get a point out of the 2 games in Florida.
No, it's literally not possible. Buffalo (9th) is 6 points behind us and can't get those 6 points by Saturday.

It's factually impossible

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think they come out hard against Tampa but still lose a close one, sleep walk through the Panthers game and lose, but then kind of find their bearings after and come out of the slump.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
If they beat Tampa.....Not at all impossible. I think that will be the boost they need.
They're too good to be playing consistently bad.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
If they beat Tampa.....Not at all impossible. I think that will be the boost they need.
They're too good to be playing consistently bad.

I've thought that to but we've been baaaad since Christmas, it's a worrying trend especially if you look at our play in our own zone

Zaitsev and Gardiner have been brutal and the forwards look like Chickens with there heads cut off, it ain't pretty

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Just the ebb and flow of a season mate.
Same players were winning a month ago.
I blame Nylander. Not anything he has done play wise, just him coming back has tipped the scales a bit. I am sure it will all work out.
They know they're playing bad. They also know they can turn it around.
If it carry on there is another issue somewhere in the organisation imo.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think they come out hard against Tampa but still lose a close one, sleep walk through the Panthers game and lose, but then kind of find their bearings after and come out of the slump.

Feels that way....it’s not like they’ve been worse than earlier in the season it’s just that the goaltending isn’t stealing the game.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Why does babcock insist on stapling someone to the press-box every year? Holl has played like one game? And don't say it's because he's not good enough - have you seen our D?

Fricken stubborn ass sometimes
Hate to break it to you, but he is not good enough. Who's he better than in the top 6?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't want to make it bigger then it is but I feel like a win over TBL could be huge for us and really get us going on a win streak.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
Lol in the moving Kadri to w and the Willy to c thread, I suggested putting the Matthews line back together. Maybe babs reads HFBoards :laugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That's because we are getting Manson & Pesce! Ferland is coming with Pesce.....

Now, excuse me while I get back to climbing Mt. Kilamanjaro with Sir Richard Branson....

:D, I left my bed with my Playboy Bunnies to read this... uggghhh... (kidding).. ;) that would be a nice upgrade on D.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
This team has become too complacent. A young team who was predicted by everyone to be a top 4 contender has let their ego get to their head and started to let off the gas.

It isn’t a skill, or a talent problem, it is a lack of intensity problem. You can win every once and while by giving a half-hearted effort, but it won’t work over the course of an entire season. Hopefully this little skid is a kick in the butt for this team, especially the younger guys who have been taking quite a few nights off recently. Tampa is a good team to beat to get out of this slump, then ride the high.

Reactions: Zizzzzy and canadon

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Surprisingly perhaps but our Leafs matchup better against the Lightning than a lot of other teams based on style of play and type of players..

TB Dcore is much better, but we do have the offensive forwards that could go head to head in an offensive shootout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad