Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Tampa - moving on from boo gate

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'd be worried about Montreal. With Price and Weber playing well, they are a legitimate threat if Leafs continue to stumble. I believe they are 20 something and 7 since Weber returned.
We also have 3 games in hand and they have solely been relying on elite goaltending to prop them up on not even that good of a run. Put me in the category of not worried about the Habs.

Reactions: Loosie

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
We also have 3 games in hand and they have solely been relying on elite goaltending to prop them up on not even that good of a run. Put me in the category of not worried about the Habs.

Good point about the games in hand. A win tonight, tomorrow and Sunday would put and end to any worrying.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Hate to break it to you, but he is not good enough. Who's he better than in the top 6?

But the top 6 isn’t good enough so why not try to make it better. There can’t be many people that own a pair of hockey skates that would be worse than Ozhiganov.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

On the other hand, there's no reason to expect their goal-tending to fall off, considering who they have in net their goal-tending could stay elite for years.

I'm not really "worried" about MTL but I give them credit for being way better than expected and am not counting on them fading away. The only team I'm worried about is the Toronto Maple Leafs, if we get back to playing the way we can then we should be fine. If not, then we're in trouble.

Reactions: ToneDog

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I'd be worried about Montreal. With Price and Weber playing well, they are a legitimate threat if Leafs continue to stumble. I believe they are 20 something and 7 since Weber returned.
Obviously we worry about everyone if we continue to stumble. We're too good.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Hyman moves back on the line to help a slumping Matthews and Nylander get going.

This will be interesting to see if this Babcock move is successful, and how it might impact the Tavares/Marner line that was very good this year with Zach.

TB has 2 dangerous offensive lines, so it is also interesting as to who Babcock chooses to play against whom tonight.

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
If we play like how we did last time we faced Tampa and if Vasy is somewhat human this game then we should have a good result...

Those are big IF's though...

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Win or lose, I'd like to see compete.

Maybe this team stomachs losing too easily, that might justify their effort level, and lack of readiness game after game.

Of course the other reason could be they aren't as good as we think they are.

NHL.com - Stats

They haven't been playing like the 4th. best PPG team in the league.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad