Sportsnet: Leafs still in on Tyler Bozak, likely plan B if Tavares doesn't come to Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I worry he'll get more than that. he's a centre who's great on faceoffs and scored 55 points just last year.
The Habs have $ they desperately want to give to players. They worry me. Bozak's contract might get silly.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I worry he'll get more than that. he's a centre who's great on faceoffs and scored 55 points just last year.
The Habs have $ they desperately want to give to players. They worry me. Bozak's contract might get silly.

Bozak's numbers are inflated because he was on a high scoring team. He won't be on the #1 powerplay wherever he goes. I think he's a 30-35 point guy on most teams. That's not worth 3 years and say 16M. Some foolish team is going to offer him 5.3M a year (x4)=21.2M

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Well if he comes back there won't be any question on who the whipping boy will be around here for the next 2+ years when things are going poorly.

Right now, who carries on the mantel is somewhat in question. Although Gardiner would be the first one to come to mind personally.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Guess it's possible as Stastny should re-up with Winnipeg now (don't know if there is interest) and Ryan sounds like an option, but he could also end up with his former coach and some former teammates in Calgary.

Imagine one - perhaps both - of Bozak's current contract numbers comes down slightly (the five years or the $4.2 cap hit) wherever he signs. Term is probably 3-4 years and not sure the AAV dips below 4 on that.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Riley Nash makes more sense than either of Bozak or Ryan. Especially if either make anywhere near the amount of money they can command from the weak market. If I paying someone, it's Nash.

Nylander to center is still a significantly better option than anyone in Free Agency outside of Tavares and maybe Stastny though. Why he is not used at center when there is literally no excuse is beyond me. He plays the center position well.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Been saying this for a while.

Shores up the 3C position with a player that’s very underrated (by leaf fans).

As long as it’s not long-term it makes sense.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Riley Nash makes more sense than either of Bozak or Ryan. Especially if either make anywhere near the amount of money they can command from the weak market. If I paying someone, it's Nash.

Nylander to center is still a significantly better option than anyone in Free Agency outside of Tavares and maybe Stastny though. Why he is not used at center when there is literally no excuse is beyond me. He plays the center position well.

I don't think Nylander is what Babs likes for a center defensively. He's a train wreck in his own end.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

If the team is looking at all the other options, plan B-C-D-etc., it doesn’t sound like they are sold on Nylander to center. Or you would just play him 3C.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I'd like to see the Leafs sign Stasny and Ian Cole (defense) if they don't land JT.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
So they re-sign Bozak and Babcock will again play him on the PP ahead of Matthews. FML. Come on, Kyle. FFS, don't do it! Let's move on already, f***. Isn't 9 seasons enough? If we don't get JT and re-sign Bozak it will be just a horrible turn of events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad