Post-Game Talk: Leafs sneak out a victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
if we can afford to re-sign him, I'd play him on the 1st or 3rd line, and He or Hyman can replace sosh
he is a liability in our own zone most nights but he is going to get you 25-30 a year and is a good net front presence im curious to see if the leafs resign him what the numbers will be money wise?

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Had an exam today, but I barely watched the first. Feels nice for the team to win one after struggling for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: LDN

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Roman Polak played over 21 minutes this game.

I'm a bit worried depending on how long Zaitsev is going to be out for. Might have to address that depth.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Had an exam today, but I barely watched the first. Feels nice for the team to win one after struggling for a couple of weeks.

It really seems like they needed this game. Even though they're playing .500 for the month of December. It really didn't seem like they were playing to how they should have been.

Glad to see players skating out there. Marner was absolutely flying.

Loved the chirps about Marner's classmates being in the stands lol

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Roman Polak played over 21 minutes this game.

I'm a bit worried depending on how long Zaitsev is going to be out for. Might have to address that depth.

PK minutes
  • 7:19 Hansey
  • 6:15 polak
  • 1:37 Rielly
I am surprised Rielly PK minutes were low?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
PK minutes
  • 7:19 Hansey
  • 6:15 polak
  • 1:37 Rielly
I am surprised Rielly PK minutes were low?

To be honest, I would love to keep it how it is.

I guess there would be 2 trains of thought with it:

1. Give Rielly more ice-time and more PK time.

2. Keep Rielly where he's at and don't over extend him. He's averaging 1 minute less on the penalty kill this season then where he finished last season.

I think Rielly's looked unreal this season. Night and day compared to last season. The difference is he's not playing defense as much (on the pk) and he's averaging almost 1:30 more on the power play than he did last season.

I'd rather have Carrick, Polak & Borgman out there on the PK before Rielly. Not that I don't feel he would do a better job, because I think he would. But to keep him fresh for 82 games.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
When Matthews is back and Nylander gets dropped to the 4th line, I hope Babcock has an epiphany and makes the 4th Leivo-Nylander-Kapanen as that's a 2nd line in itself

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
When Matthews is back and Nylander gets dropped to the 4th line, I hope Babcock has an epiphany and makes the 4th Leivo-Nylander-Kapanen as that's a 2nd line in itself
I would even settle for Martin-Nylander-Kapanen/Leivo honestly. Martin isn't my favourite player but all things considered he has actually been decent this year and the odd time he's been put on a really good line he hasn't looked out of place.

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I would even settle for Martin-Nylander-Kapanen/Leivo honestly. Martin isn't my favourite player but all things considered he has actually been decent this year and the odd time he's been put on a really good line he hasn't looked out of place.

I thought Martin was going to snipe it home on that rush in the 3rd period.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Just saw the hi-lights, and Marner actually skated it into the slot and took a shot, and looked dangerous doing so.

Geez, why did it take almost half a season for him to do that? He could done that every single game if he wanted to.

Looks like he might straighten out his game after all, and shoot more.

Who knows, maybe one of the higher ups got to him. Maybe Shanahan took him aside and told him, look kid be more selfish and shoot more otherwise you be trying your cute plays in the minors until you be more selfish and shoot more.

:thumbu:

Reactions: indigobuffalo

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Just saw the hi-lights, and Marner actually skated it into the slot and took a shot, and looked dangerous doing so.

Geez, why did it take almost half a season for him to do that? He could done that every single game if he wanted to.

Looks like he might straighten out his game after all, and shoot more.

Who knows, maybe one of the higher ups got to him. Maybe Shanahan took him aside and told him, look kid be more selfish and shoot more otherwise you be trying your cute plays in the minors until you be more selfish and shoot more.

:thumbu:

That was a PP goal lol, but he did good!

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Kapanen pushes this team from an offensive perspective, over the top. He has 30-40 goal potential with his tools. Name me one top 6/9 in the league that can run a comparable to Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Kapanen, and still have JVR to boot. Once Matthews comes back, this team is going to be stupid good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad