Post-Game Talk: Leafs sneak out a victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
Komarov must’ve read the thread calling for the Leafs to exile him.

PK goal and looked good a few other times.

That whole game was a big ol’ Troll job on all the trolls we have on here.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Kapanen pushes this team from an offensive perspective, over the top. He has 30-40 goal potential with his tools. Name me one top 6/9 in the league that can run a comparable to Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Kapanen, and still have JVR to boot. Once Matthews comes back, this team is going to be stupid good.

Kappy is going back to the Marlies when #34 comes back... Hyman,Leo,Martin wont be sitting.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
he may make some decisions that ticks us off; but he is not a stupid coach dude.

We only gave up 1 goal and scored 8 goals today, and we had 8 scorers

Komarov
Marner
JVR
Bozak
Marleau
Kappy
Nylander
Carrick

If that isn't positive I don't know what is bro
He’s not stupid, he just makes stupid decisions with his lines. If Kapanen doesn’t play tomorrow he’ll prove this point.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He’s not stupid, he just makes stupid decisions with his lines. If Kapanen doesn’t play tomorrow he’ll prove this point.

lol, I bet you would buckle under the pressure of coaching a house league novice team! Babs is considered one of the best coaches in the "world" and he coaches under a microscope in Toronto. I am sure lines and player deployment are discussed with his assistants, Lou, etc. often. To say he makes stupid decisions with his lines is laughable.

2 games ago you all cried that you wanted Levio in and now you want Kappy in lol

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
he is a liability in our own zone most nights but he is going to get you 25-30 a year and is a good net front presence im curious to see if the leafs resign him what the numbers will be money wise?

I wouldn't give him more than 6 million/year for over 3 years

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
With this offense, our goaltending and defence needs to be average. Thats all.
If the Leafs defense and goalie are good, this is a very good team, that has a shot at the finals.

It could happen.

Unfortunately, this is Toronto. Usually it is 18 wheeler time. At the worst possible time.

I think Leafs fans tend to be neurotic more than other fans.

Only two games ago, it was 18 wheeler time. Now after this afternoon game, it is like everyone secretly planning some sort of Santi Claude parade.

:baghead:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Kapanen pushes this team from an offensive perspective, over the top. He has 30-40 goal potential with his tools. Name me one top 6/9 in the league that can run a comparable to Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Kapanen, and still have JVR to boot. Once Matthews comes back, this team is going to be stupid good.
Kapanen is a guy who just fits the identity of this team (or what it should be anyway) like a glove. It's incredible how he moves around the ice with and without the puck, kid has got some mad upside.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
lol, I bet you would buckle under the pressure of coaching a house league novice team! Babs is considered one of the best coaches in the "world" and he coaches under a microscope in Toronto. I am sure lines and player deployment are discussed with his assistants, Lou, etc. often. To say he makes stupid decisions with his lines is laughable.

2 games ago you all cried that you wanted Levio in and now you want Kappy in lol

I want both of them on the team, not going to happen I know but I can always dream

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Kapanen is a guy who just fits the identity of this team (or what it should be anyway) like a glove. It's incredible how he moves around the ice with and without the puck, kid has got some mad upside.

He has McDavid level speed with a near elite shot and elite one timer. He's going to be huge going forward.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I want both of them on the team, not going to happen I know but I can always dream
Next season will be a more fan pleasing line up, I am thinking. Hyman and Martin will be there though ;) Matthews left winger next year, below.

Last edited:

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Love to see a Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen line. I really think Marleau would really fit in great with the two kids.

JVR Matthews Marner- Primary scoring
Hyman Kadri Brown -checking/matchup line
Marleau Nylander Kapanen-Secondary scoring
Martin Bozak Komarov - 4th line.

Reactions: blueberrie

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Marleau Matthews Leivo
Komarov Kadri Brown
Hyman Nylander Kapanen
JVR Bozak Marner

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Deal JVR before deadline, promote Kapanen.

Let Bozak walk.

Next year:

Hyman - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Nylander - Kapanen
Leivo - Kadri - Brown

As for today's game, by far Marner's best of the year. Was flying.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
hanifin was high key terrible in that game.
Still glad we took mitch.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs sneak out a victory

Leafs squeak out a victory ?

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

if Kapanen doesn't play it's not proving any point.
chances are they don't want to trigger an earlier UFA clause or more importantly make him waiver eligible any faster than they need too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
hanifin was high key terrible in that game.
Still glad we took mitch.

1: NHL defensemen shouldn't be judged until 300+ games
2: Hanifin was never the target by those who actually had drafting say.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'd love to see some room made for Kapanen when Matthews comes back.

It’s a must, kid deserves a spot to begin the yr has only earned more of a spot with recent play. If they don’t they send the wrong message throughout the organization.

Leivo + komarov for something. Kapanen into the squad call up another marlie if you really need 2 forwards sitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad