Post-Game Talk: Leafs snap their losing streak 3:1 vs Ana

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
We shoe horned him onto the team, he was awful, the team played horrendously especially defensively and Polak's partner looked below replacement level about the same time Polak came back onto the team

I know your inclined towards managements view most of the time but for a coach who just said he picked his team on merit this is a joke and for a team that's trying to win games this is mind numbing

I have eyes, Polak was bad last season and he's worse now, that's some sort of bad
Are you suggesting that management didn't watch him play last season and the handful of games this year?
Or they saw but don't understand what it is they are seeing?

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Meh - if the Leafs can bring the effort/pressure they did last night, having Polak in the line up won't sink them. If they're sitting back and turning the puck over, that could be a problem.

ducks were a depleted squad; too early to comment on the "efforts" the buds displayed.

Freddie had to make some HUGE saves again and the posts helped him 3 times

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I'm happy to stop the skid but the Leafs still didn't look very good.
They should have beat up on a severely depleted Ducks team. I doubt Babs is happy despite the two points.

Glad we won, but have to wonder about the impact of all of the Duck's injuries. Results could be different next time with Getzlaf, Fowler, Kesler, etc. in the lineup.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
If every team has players like Leivo, that they don't want to play regularly, the likelihood of him being picked off waivers would be extremely low.

That the Leafs protected him over some players who people were concerned about is a reflection of the people second guessing rather than the professionals who see these players every day, in games, practices, and off the ice.

So who are we going to believe our group of misfits or Shanahan and gang? It isn't like Babcock is the only voice in the franchise.

misinterpreted post

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Didn't get to watch ...

How did
Marleau play 10:06 minutes even strength
Martin play 11:46 even strength
van Riemsdyk play 10:18 even strength
Marleau center the 4th. line?

Was it
Matthews 1st. - 15:03 ES
Kadri 2nd. - 12:57 ES
Bozak 3rd. - 12:03 ES
Marleau 4th. - 10:06 ES
Leafs had 8 minutes in penalties and Hainsey played 7:38 PK. Maybe the California / ocean air is good for him?

Bozak line was caught on ice for icings few times and so was Kadri line;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad