Post-Game Talk: Leafs Sink Sharks

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
what, the Leafs didn't lose to a bottom-feeder in the middle of the season?

hell has frozen over

Reactions: Anthrax442

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Raise you hand if you predicted Jones would be starting goaltender by end of the year.

The worst goalie in the league last year saved the season. The sad thing is that signing Jones might have been Treliving's best decision this offseason. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Maybe Domi and Bertuzzi should take stick taping lessons from Matthews.

A blowout game with six different goal scorers and neither Cement Hands or Cinder Blocks was one of them. Those two make $8.5M combined. Far too much to not score goals on the bottom six.

So Keefe is forced to put them into situations in which they have no claim, either by merit or entitlement, over other players on the team.

Whose to blame for this anyway, Bertuzzi and Domi? Keefe for deploying them wrong? Or the GM who gave them those contracts to begin with?

Too many bad decisions have been made by pretty much everyone involved with this team.

Oct 18, 2010
Nylander disappointed.

He was skating all around the Sharks zone, making passes, left, right, center, not engaging physically at all. Just skating around everyone. He should throw the puck into the corner just to start a scrum and then go get it back.

Hopefully the team they play in the playoffs play like the Sharks tonight, maybe they will finally put together a respectable series for the first time.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Raise you hand if you predicted Jones would be starting goaltender by end of the year.

The worst goalie in the league last year saved the season. The sad thing is that signing Jones might have been Treliving's best decision this offseason. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Maybe Domi and Bertuzzi should take stick taping lessons from Matthews.

A blowout game with six different goal scorers and neither Cement Hands or Cinder Blocks was one of them. Those two make $8.5M combined. Far too much to not score goals on the bottom six.

So Keefe is forced to put them into situations in which they have no claim, either by merit or entitlement, over other players on the team.

Whose to blame for this anyway, Bertuzzi and Domi? Keefe for deploying them wrong? Or the GM who gave them those contracts to begin with?

Too many bad decisions have been made by pretty much everyone involved with this team.
Considering those are made up problems, I put the blame at the foot of the conjurer.

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Considering those are made up problems, I put the blame at the foot of the conjurer.

To an extent you're right.

I wrote some of this earlier in the year and didn't use it. Domi has been centring the third line for a while now. So I guess that bit is factually incorrect.

Guy still can't score a goal if his life depended on it though.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
We have to go all the way to preseason when he took 3 penalties in a game. He’s been terrific. Nothing spectacular, just solid. It’s exactly what we need from a 6 D.
Even in that game, I thought he was just learning to adjust to what counts as a penalty when you’re in a high-visibility Leaf sweater.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I used to work with a guy like that in frac. He was a Habs fan but would cheer against the Leafs above all, going as far as getting a Bruins jersey to antagonize.
Saddest people on the planet. Imagine wasting time and money like that?

I don't give a shit if you love another team, but why don't you do something more meaningful? Like go and support that team. I lived in Boston and supported TOR. I didn't purposely go to Bruins games and support every other hockey team (just to troll Bruins fans).

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Perfect replacement for Kampf next season. This is how we can manage the cap. Bring in capable replacements who have similar if not better skill.
Only problem being that it might not be too easy to trade Kampf (2.4M x 3).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad