Post-Game Talk: Leafs Sink Sharks

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
That Sharks team could be the worst non-expansion team I've ever seen in almost 40 years of watching hockey.

Skill? None.
Goaltending? Nope.
Urgency? Zero.
Physicality? What does that mean?
You can't go into the zone before the puck? Are you sure?

There was no point in this game where the Leafs were not in total control. I hope they can flip some vets like Hoffman, DuClair and Granlund for assets and continue to build because they need talent in the worst way and something tells me Celebrini is more Hischier than Matthews. Hischier is obviously a perfectly fine player but he’s three or four tiers down from 34.

Nice on Mitch to pass Frank, but he still needs to be better. That first goal, that tip was nasty, as was his pass to McCabe.

Big Willy, Wallet Willy with the three helpers, the money be damned it can be made to work.

Matthews really impressed me with not just his goal (we've all seen it) but his defensive play, he was a puck stripping machine.

Mo continues his fantastic play - not a #1D? Suck my #1D.

Jones had to make maybe three tough saves all game but sometimes that's all you need.

Even if it was the 7th goal nice for Nicky Bobby, I'm liking the way he's been playing - cautious but opportunistic and I say this as a doubter. Speaking of goals, Holmberg - what the hell was that!? You pull off and succeed on the Crosby? The balls on this prick!

Loving the Benoit, tough as nails and stays in his lane, excellent rugged defensive #5D - give him 2x1.75 now, better than Holl and his Bobby Orritis which is currently being enjoyed by Detroit, please take the bong away from Stevie Y. What line of thinking would lead future first-ballot HoFer Patrick Kane to say 'Yeah, I'll sign here!'!?

Liljegren is also quietly extremely solid fundamentally - would I like more points? Yeah, but hopefully as he earns more minutes those will come.

What kind of shit is that, Sabourin? You're down 7-1 in a fairly clean game and you're running guys? Want it to be 10-1? That's the type of shit that earns you a permanent AHL demotion.

Nice of the broadcast crew to give a birthday shout-out to the below-the-line people who make it all happen.

Bring on the Crylanders and the Avs - but what I'm really looking forward to is bringing Vancouver and Edmonton down a peg.

Last edited:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
nwo-hall.gif

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
The goal differential is gonna be very happy with this performance

Marner was very good, hopefully this catapults him into a hot stretch

Nylander keeps grabbing points.
Jones was super solid, it’s making up for the Samsonov goaltending we were disgraced with

Reactions: arso40

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Jones has allowed just three goals for a .972 save percentage in his last four games.

I liked what I saw from Robertson, Holmberg, Benoit tonight, most of the top six were great too.

#2 on D, has become the Human Eraser II

Sharks are just terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad