Post-Game Talk: Leafs Sink Sharks

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
At likely $1 billion per new team, I don't blame the league one bit. Let's not pretend that this fan base didn't positively celebrate being the worst team in the league when Matthews was the prize.
Oh, I agree 100%, it’s how they make their money, and people will watch no matter how watered down it gets.

Forgotusername

May 17, 2016
At likely $1 billion per new team, I don't blame the league one bit. Let's not pretend that this fan base didn't positively celebrate being the worst team in the league when Matthews was the prize.
In fairness the Leafs were never as bad as the Sharks are when they finished last that year.

Reactions: HolyCrap

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Sharks are worse than Sabres-bad, and being Sabres bad can have long term implications for the franchise. That team needs an injection of talent right now, otherwise they'll just bust their prospects by playing them over their heads too early. You can kind of get away with putting a Matthews or an Eichel into a shitshow, but a young defenseman or a Marner-type is going to have their growth stunted.

The thing that even we did badly in the rebuild was keeping a solid structure of veterans around. The Lightning had St Louis, Crosby showed up to a Penguins team with Gonchar, Recchi, Palffy, and LeClair. The Sharks have... Granlund? Nobody is looking at Hoffman and thinking, wow this is Sharks culture.

Glad to see the boys having a go on points night, we've been begging for more of that every year.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Raise you hand if you predicted Jones would be starting goaltender by end of the year.

The worst goalie in the league last year saved the season. The sad thing is that signing Jones might have been Treliving's best decision this offseason. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Maybe Domi and Bertuzzi should take stick taping lessons from Matthews.

A blowout game with six different goal scorers and neither Cement Hands or Cinder Blocks was one of them. Those two make $8.5M combined. Far too much to not score goals on the bottom six.

So Keefe is forced to put them into situations in which they have no claim, either by merit or entitlement, over other players on the team.

Whose to blame for this anyway, Bertuzzi and Domi? Keefe for deploying them wrong? Or the GM who gave them those contracts to begin with?

Too many bad decisions have been made by pretty much everyone involved with this team.
Well no, he had a 2.99 GAA was top half amongst all goalies. Seattle was 12th last year with Jones in net, this year they are 21st

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
He doesn’t seem to have hate at all, seems like he is having a blast with his daughter and creating awesome memories.

Yes, having a blast with his daughter, which is great. However they are for sure trolling, and honestly it comes across as pretty cheap and classless. Obviously he is a Leafs hater...but to spend that kind of money on the tickets and jerseys for every other team? Hates the Leafs so much he has to go to every home game......

Reminds me of the guy here in Windsor that is a Red Wings fan, but had to go spend the money and get vanity Leafs license plates for his truck that has the Leafs logo followed by RAJOKE.

You really hate a rival team more than you love your favourite team?????

Reactions: Rob Brown

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Oh, I agree 100%, it’s how they make their money, and people will watch no matter how watered down it gets.
Yup, we are hooked. I am at least.

I say, if they want to expand by 2 teams, each team can only dress 15 skaters and 2 goaltenders. Three lines all around baby, lets go!

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes, having a blast with his daughter, which is great. However they are for sure trolling, and honestly it comes across as pretty cheap and classless. Obviously he is a Leafs hater...but to spend that kind of money on the tickets and jerseys for every other team? Hates the Leafs so much he has to go to every home game......

Reminds me of the guy here in Windsor that is a Red Wings fan, but had to go spend the money and get vanity Leafs license plates for his truck that has the Leafs logo followed by RAJOKE.

I wonder what names daddy and daughter go by here?

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I love the infamy, what would annoy me is if people don’t talk about us or are just blasé with a who cares type attitude. Lmao it’s all in fun

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Maybe people will watch, but I can say that I‘ve lost some interest this year. I probably won’t watch the early games tonight and only catch a period of the VGK Avs game.

IMO every year that TTOE doesn’t win the Cup is a great year.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Raise you hand if you predicted Jones would be starting goaltender by end of the year.

The worst goalie in the league last year saved the season. The sad thing is that signing Jones might have been Treliving's best decision this offseason. Let that one sink in for a moment.

Maybe Domi and Bertuzzi should take stick taping lessons from Matthews.

A blowout game with six different goal scorers and neither Cement Hands or Cinder Blocks was one of them. Those two make $8.5M combined. Far too much to not score goals on the bottom six.

So Keefe is forced to put them into situations in which they have no claim, either by merit or entitlement, over other players on the team.

Whose to blame for this anyway, Bertuzzi and Domi? Keefe for deploying them wrong? Or the GM who gave them those contracts to begin with?

Too many bad decisions have been made by pretty much everyone involved with this team.
Tavares and Jarnkrok were also pointless last night.

One game is not a good way to assess players.

Bert and Ernie (oops, Domi) and Jarnkrok are 5, 6, and 7 in scoring on the team, which, considering their usage, is quite reasonable.

Overpaid, but that's what you do for UFAs. Better to keep your home-grown.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Can anyone remember a bad game he's had? I honestly can't.
Players of his prototype and pay-grayde are usually forgiven quickly after bad games (except when it's Zeke saying that Lyubushkin single handedly cost us the 1st Tampa series) but his consistency is actually remarkable. They gotta a find a way to bring this guy back next season.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Sharks are worse than Sabres-bad, and being Sabres bad can have long term implications for the franchise. That team needs an injection of talent right now, otherwise they'll just bust their prospects by playing them over their heads too early. You can kind of get away with putting a Matthews or an Eichel into a shitshow, but a young defenseman or a Marner-type is going to have their growth stunted.

The thing that even we did badly in the rebuild was keeping a solid structure of veterans around. The Lightning had St Louis, Crosby showed up to a Penguins team with Gonchar, Recchi, Palffy, and LeClair. The Sharks have... Granlund? Nobody is looking at Hoffman and thinking, wow this is Sharks culture.

Glad to see the boys having a go on points night, we've been begging for more of that every year.
lucky for them they are gonna draft really high this summer.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
To an extent you're right.

I wrote some of this earlier in the year and didn't use it. Domi has been centring the third line for a while now. So I guess that bit is factually incorrect.

Guy still can't score a goal if his life depended on it though.
Like everyone else on the team. Let's see what happens with them in the playoffs before judging BT on his moves.

Reactions: ACC1224

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Like everyone else on the team. Let's see what happens with them in the playoffs before judging BT on his moves.
I judge every game and have only had a few disappointments. Consistently top 5 in the league for 5 years now provided many feel good evenings. Watching a handful of the premiere players in the league. Sure playoff success would be the cherry on top.

Reactions: Jojalu and ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad