Leafs sign Ryan Rupert to ELC

mikebel111*

I have been to a billion London Knights games and this guy isn't anything special. He will probably be a marlie for most of his career or with another AHL team. I'm sure he will get a call up if we need someone for the 4th line but other than that, don't expect much more. But than again I was never very high on the two brothers.

Have you watched him this season? He has been one of the best Marliies this season. He is playing in the #1C for s reason
If he keeps it up, I think we have a nice 3rd line player here

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
He's been a big surprise. He's scoring at a higher pace than McKegg did in his rookie Marlie season, and McKegg was considered to have a much higher offensive ceiling.

After watching guys like Ross/Biggs flounder offensively in the AHL, I figured that was the most likely thing to expect from Rupert.

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
Love the Rupert twins. Definitely the kind of hard-working depth this organization needs more of. Mark Hunter wanted to bring Ryan into the Marlies no doubt about it. We'll see how hard he can work for it and maybe he can get into the N one day.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
lol why was this bumped?

Obviously, to annoy you! ;)

Rupert is an interesting prospect. Hard worker with a tiny bit of skill locked into a short stalky body. Will he make it to the NHL? :dunno:

buttman*

Love him and Connor Brown as prospects. The kind of guys that will find a way to make it based on sheer will and determination alone.

Honestly, they are fine for where they were picked but neither will be all-stars.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
So are we going to be the most annoying team in 2-3 years?

Kadri
Komorov
Leipisic
Brown
Rupert

all likely being on the NHL team in some way.

Hopefully we draft Marner, Dergachyov and Garland in this draft and we'll have our Giroux, Lucic, and Gallagher.

Opposing fans will hate us even more!!

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Why didn't Toronto sign his the other Twin?

Maybe they just figured there's no point having two of what is basically the exact same prospect when their ceilings aren't very high

I thought Matt actually looked better than Ryan in the rookie tournament games over the years though... they could end up signing him eventually

buttman*

So are we going to be the most annoying team in 2-3 years?

Kadri
Komorov
Leipisic
Brown
Rupert

all likely being on the NHL team in some way.

Hopefully we draft Marner, Dergachyov and Garland in this draft and we'll have our Giroux, Lucic, and Gallagher.

Opposing fans will hate us even more!!

We are going to be the smurfs as well if we don't start adding some size.

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
Not great not terrible, will fit in well for a feisty rebuild. We're goin down fighting next year.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON

Hey, I suggested Dergachyov. But yeah definitely. We'd probably still have JVR, and Frederik Gauthier will be our shut down PK'er. Maybe a Tyler Myers would help with Morgan Rielly?

I still think it'd be cool to have all of those pests on a team. Develop a top PP and you'd have a team leading in drawn penalties and PP%.

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014

I don't mind this group of so called smurfs. We know Kadri and Komarov can throw the body with the best of them, so I'm not too concerned with those two. Both Leipsic and Rupert can throw some BIG hits on much bigger players in the CHL and AHL, as well as demonstrating the ability to drop the gloves. The only one I was a little concerned about at the beginning of the season was Connor Brown, but he seems to be having little trouble in the AHL with his size.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
There's a difference between a player 'thinking' they are working hard, and player who 'actually' is by comparison to other players. I like that there are a bunch of prospects in the system who work hard. Good signing.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I wonder if his success this season is a by product of playing on a line with Nylander and Brown.

Or maybe Rupert makes Brown better?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad