Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Petter Granberg, Tim Erixon to 1-year deals, Zach Hyman to 2-year ELC

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Nice to see Erixon being given a second chance.

Granberg struggled last year when he got called up. I can probably see him not get qualified next year if he doesn't show any improvement. (I could be wrong)

Don't have much expectations for Hyman. At worst, he probably fit in a role with the Marlies.

schnee11

Hockey Lover
Dec 12, 2014
Canada
in a different thread everyone was talking about trying to trade phaneuf and hyman to detriot so that hyman and larkin could re-unite but wouldn't it maybe make a bit more sense if the leafs tried to get larkin on their team?

snizzb0ne

Feb 10, 2015

Granberg struggled last year when he got called up. I can probably see him not get qualified next year if he doesn't show any improvement. (I could be wrong)

Don't have much expectations for Hyman. At worst, he probably fit in a role with the Marlies.

Granberg is only 22, slow down please.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON

While I agree a majority of players struggled last year, I think this year has to be different.

Players weren't held accountable on the ice. Top 6 players weren't back-checking and still got power play time. This year will be different in terms of expectations and allowing Erixon & Granberg, when they're called up, to be familiar with style and know exactly how to play.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
So does Hyman start in the AHL?

I expect Erixon to be a right side defenseman this year with maybe Brennan on the other side?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
in a different thread everyone was talking about trying to trade phaneuf and hyman to detriot so that hyman and larkin could re-unite but wouldn't it maybe make a bit more sense if the leafs tried to get larkin on their team?

1. Reuniting players is a dumb reason to trade
2. The cost of Larkin is crazy high.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

No hope in hell.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
So right now there's about 9 defenders competing for 7 maybe 8 spots.

Phaneuf, Polak, Gardiner, Rielly, Robidas, Percy, Erixon, Granberg, Brennan.

You also have Loov that might impress enough to earn a spot. Depending on who we draft, that might add another name to the fish bowl.

Either way, some competition.

Wowee, never really took in how awful that it is.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Wowee, never really took in how awful that it is.

Percy and Granberg in AHL and primary call ups.

Phaneuf and MacWilliam traded.

The rest in NHL. No need for bringing in anyone new unless others on that list are traded.

Problem solved.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
So right now there's about 9 defenders competing for 7 maybe 8 spots.

Phaneuf, Polak, Gardiner, Rielly, Robidas, Percy, Erixon, Granberg, Brennan.

You also have Loov that might impress enough to earn a spot. Depending on who we draft, that might add another name to the fish bowl.

Either way, some competition.

Atleast we can afford a few injuries on the blueline and not be so shorthanded.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
These updates from the Leaf app are driving me bonkers! Every time I see one I am hoping that one of the big dominoes has finally fallen only to see info on smaller deals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad