Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Petter Granberg, Tim Erixon to 1-year deals, Zach Hyman to 2-year ELC

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Very happy we got Hyman signed.

He can definitely come in and be effective in a bottom 6 role.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I'm surprised Granberg only got one year simply because he's going miss a good chunk of it.:laugh:

Other than that, good (re)signings. Got to start the process of filling out the roster somewhere.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Great to hear! No risk with any of these!

Very excited to see Human in the big leagues!

Now we've just got to gut the old roster and give these kids some space to play!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Dominoes! :sarcasm:

Good to see .. Give Erixon a chance under Babcock, retain Granberg who's a solid player and sign a potential scoring winger

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Excellent.

We might get a season of playing the kids after all. That's why I think it's important to keep Phaneuf. We might have a very inexperienced blue line with Erixon, Percy, Gardiner, Rielly up for most of the year. Polak and Robidas are good depth guys but can't handle top minutes.

We need Phaneuf to shelter the kids so Rielly doesn't get thrown to the wolves. Especially if we draft Hanifin.

Kessel and Phaneuf if anything provide a scapegoat for fans and media and targets for the other teams top players.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
So right now there's about 9 defenders competing for 7 maybe 8 spots.

Phaneuf, Polak, Gardiner, Rielly, Robidas, Percy, Erixon, Granberg, Brennan.

You also have Loov that might impress enough to earn a spot. Depending on who we draft, that might add another name to the fish bowl.

Either way, some competition.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So right now there's about 9 defenders competing for 7 maybe 8 spots.

Phaneuf, Polak, Gardiner, Rielly, Robidas, Percy, Erixon, Granberg, Brennan.

You also have Loov that might impress enough to earn a spot. Depending on who we draft, that might add another name to the fish bowl.

Either way, some competition.

Well we don't need Polak or Robidas.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Not a very big fan of Erixon at all, but I like the other two signings.

Hopefully Hyman's success last year was not just an anomaly or mostly attributable to Larkin. I'm not really a big fan of his, but I can be converted if he shows me a dedicated player with work ethic & not a self entitled spoiled rich kid. He is a pretty low cost acquisition, can't hurt.

He & Carrick used to be team-mates, but that may not be a good thing.

I don't expect stardom out of Erixon, but he is a real easy & low cost gamble.

Looking for the diamond in the rough. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad