Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign goaltender Harri Sateri (claimed by the Coyotes)

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Age 32 and 5.38 GAA and .838 Save% so far with Arizona. Thanks Arizona for helping us dodge a bullet.
Makes you wonder what the Leafs or other teams for that matter saw in him. Wonder who recommended Dubas sign him?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Makes you wonder what the Leafs or other teams for that matter saw in him. Wonder who recommended Dubas sign him?
We need to revamp the entire goalie scouting team.
There are factors though. First and foremost, I would think that there is an adjustment goalies have to make because the ice is wider in the KHL, thus the angles are different for the goalie positioning, hence why we tried to pass him through waivers.
Second, but lesser, is that some goalies strength match better with certain teams playing style. Maybe he's a bad match for the yotes?
All that matters is that the yotes shot themselves in the foot trying to shoot us in the foot, so f u you desert bastard!!! Lol

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
or something like winning a gold medal at the Olympics maybe..I dunno.
Didn't watch Olympics because of the time difference and minor-league level hockey, but thanks for the info as I'm sure you were a Harri Sateri expert well before the Leafs signed him

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Age 32 and 5.38 GAA and .838 Save% so far with Arizona. Thanks Arizona for helping us dodge a bullet.

I highly doubt he was signed to go straight to the NHL, like he has with Arizona. It's probable, that they saw a guy they thought they might be able to develop, and give us depth at the AHL or ECHL level. Throwing him in the NHL right away wasn't a bright idea, especially behind a team as bad as Arizona. He has to adjust to a new ice size, a different game, all at the highest level, with a crap team.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I highly doubt he was signed to go straight to the NHL, like he has with Arizona. It's probable, that they saw a guy they thought they might be able to develop, and give us depth at the AHL or ECHL level. Throwing him in the NHL right away wasn't a bright idea, especially behind a team as bad as Arizona. He has to adjust to a new ice size, a different game, all at the highest level, with a crap team.
At age 32 with a successful KHL career and an Olympic gold medal, I very much doubt that he came here to play in the minor leagues.

He did the AHL thing long ago but he's aged out of the AHL developmental profile. If he's in North America, its pretty much sink or swim in the NHL now.

Not looking so good right now, but it could be due to sample size and the team he's on.

He would likely make himself available as a UFA in the unlikely event anyone is interested for next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
We need to revamp the entire goalie scouting team.
There are factors though. First and foremost, I would think that there is an adjustment goalies have to make because the ice is wider in the KHL, thus the angles are different for the goalie positioning, hence why we tried to pass him through waivers.
Second, but lesser, is that some goalies strength match better with certain teams playing style. Maybe he's a bad match for the yotes?
All that matters is that the yotes shot themselves in the foot trying to shoot us in the foot, so f u you desert bastard!!! Lol
Not just scouting. Anyone that has any say whatsoever about goaltending should be banished. Campbell is one of my favorite goalies but this organization is awful at development and pro scouting goalies as well

Reactions: saltming

francis246

Nov 16, 2007

Arizona is an absolute tire fire, anyone expecting him to have good numbers in Arizona kind of needs to find some perspective. I doubt his numbers would have been that bad anywhere else in the league behind a decent defense.

Reactions: Menzinger and banks

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
At age 32 with a successful KHL career and an Olympic gold medal, I very much doubt that he came here to play in the minor leagues.

He did the AHL thing long ago but he's aged out of the AHL developmental profile. If he's in North America, its pretty much sink or swin in the NHL now.

Not looking so good right now, but it could be due to sample size and the team he's on.

He would likely make himself available as a UFA in the unlikely event anyone is interested for next season.

Disagree... you give him easier assignments that the AHL would have provided, adapt him to the NA ice, and then move him up if he succeeds.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Obviously some part of his horrific numbers have to be attributed to playing behind an atrocious Arizona team with nothing to play for in his time there. I’m not sure how much better he’d look behind a competent team but I can’t imagine his GAA would start with a 5 if he were here.

Oh well. Kallgren did his best and got the job done when called upon so who cares?

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Not just scouting. Anyone that has any say whatsoever about goaltending should be banished. Campbell is one of my favorite goalies but this organization is awful at development and pro scouting goalies as well
Agreed!
I've been critical about Campbell. I do feel he can be a good goalie if he eliminated a few things. Imo his biggest issue is tracking the puck consistently. He's been better these past few games he's played but there has not been that much traffic in front of him.
I hope to the hockey God's he has it figured out

Reactions: JKG33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad