Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Tyler Bertuzzi (1 year, $5.5M)

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I’m not worried. He’s a gamer and he will do his best for us when it matters. Patience.

Maybe he won’t put up 10 points in 7 games kind of pace but we will get his 5.5M worth and more.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
I’m not worried. He’s a gamer and he will do his best for us when it matters. Patience.

Maybe he won’t put up 10 points in 7 games kind of pace but we will get his 5.5M worth and more.
Yea, at the moment I am still trying very hard not to judge until playoffs. I am all for trading him if we get a solid defenseman.

Reactions: TMLife17

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
It’s time to auction him off and spend those assets on something different in season. You can see the effort but there’s no stylistic fit.

If he had hit maybe half of the 20 empty nets he’s been granted then suddenly he would be fitting in quite well. I have to think those broken hands are still affecting him and I hope there’s a solution to this problem really soon.

Reactions: WildWolfdog

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
For those with overly dramatic hand wringing about this signing, it’s only a ONE (1) year contract.

I realize that can be difficult to comprehend after so may eight year boat anchors were given out over the past half decade.

To clarify, that means the Leafs have ZERO financial obligation to Bertuzzi after this year. And the Leafs will NOT have to give away a 1st round pick for someone to take Bertuzzi off their hands either.

A very, VERY, radically different way of doing business by Treliving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad