Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I am elite for the following reasons:

I never spoke out when Treliving signed him.

I never ripped him when he struggled to find his game at the beginning of the season.

James Mirtle and Jonas Siegel ripped Treliving for signing him, and they did a sweet "I told you so" when Reeves struggled. That is why they are not elite.
Mirtle and Jonas made asses of themselves, they criticized all his moves. I stopped listening to their podcast too, they're irrelevant commentators. He's gone, get over it, Tre has hit on almost every move.

Agreed. Hope he keeps it up without getting carried away. You just know Jacobs and the B's have complained to the league.
He's been very disciplined, the guy has been around, he isn't getting drawn into bs, and those hits are so legal and lovely.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Mirtle and Jonas made asses of themselves, they criticized all his moves. I stopped listening to their podcast too, they're irrelevant commentators. He's gone, get over it, Tre has hit on almost every move.

He's been very disciplined, the guy has been around, he isn't getting drawn into bs, and those hits are so legal and lovely.
Hi 5

Reactions: DarkKnight

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
I am elite for the following reasons:

I never spoke out when Treliving signed him.

I never ripped him when he struggled to find his game at the beginning of the season.

James Mirtle and Jonas Siegel ripped Treliving for signing him, and they did a sweet "I told you so" when Reeves struggled. That is why they are not elite.
It's an elite club alright lol

I got dissed for saying Reaves was a good signing when it happend... and mocked for what I called would be the "Reaves factor" come playoff time

same with Domi's and Bertuzzi's struggles at certain points in the regular season...

Some Leafs have ZERO memory / foresight when it comes to Leafs players *cough* Marner lol

Reactions: SpaceSpartan

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
It's pretty wild how much playoff hockey and regular season hockey are different.

I'm glad we have Reaves on our team.

And any mention of sitting him when an injured player comes back is silly, You NEED the toughness.
It legit concerns me that half of the fanbase sees playoff hockey completely different to what actually happens. Somewhere along the way the fanbase split into 2. Half that want a playoff built team, and the other half that want puck possession, advanced stats winners.

I don't know if it's an age thing either. I'm a little bit older than Dubas, yet see the game in a nearly 180 degrees to the way he sees it.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It legit concerns me that half of the fanbase sees playoff hockey completely different to what actually happens. Somewhere along the way the fanbase split into 2. Half that want a playoff built team, and the other half that want puck possession, advanced stats winners.

I don't know if it's an age thing either. I'm a little bit older than Dubas, yet see the game in a nearly 180 degrees to the way he sees it.
Think Dubas just want to prove that he is smart and find value where nobody sees. What he didn’t understand was that you can’t re invent the wheel, you can fine tune or improve the wheel. That’s what Avs and TB did

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's pretty wild how much playoff hockey and regular season hockey are different.

I'm glad we have Reaves on our team.

And any mention of sitting him when an injured player comes back is silly, You NEED the toughness.
Reaves is the sort of guy you need to have around when you are playing certain types of teams, not so much others. You must surround him with a bit of speed, and defensive ability, as he is so slow that he can't get back defensively. Also tends to get the puck stolen from him in the neutral zone, as he simply doesn't react quickly enough, and has stone hands.

He is very good at delivering clean, crunching forechecks, though, and keeps his head/doesn't take stupid penalties.. Anyone who plays with him has to understand what he does well, and take that into account, i.e. a slow rather than quick dump in, don't expect anything from him in the open ice, etc. That's where Dewar's experience with him in MN pays dividends, as they have skills that compliment one another's games.

Reactions: fancy lad

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
It's an elite club alright lol

I got dissed for saying Reaves was a good signing when it happend... and mocked for what I called would be the "Reaves factor" come playoff time

same with Domi's and Bertuzzi's struggles at certain points in the regular season...

Some Leafs have ZERO memory / foresight when it comes to Leafs players *cough* Marner lol
Your comments on page 1…..mmmmm

Reactions: Isaac Nootin

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
All I said is it should be for cheap or it would be a bad signing before I knew AAV.... which I almost predicted salary exactly 💯 then said otherwise it would be another dumb move (referencing the Klingberg signing) which I was right about as well
Never said anything bad about Reaves, Domi or Bertuzzi signings on any of their signing threads either... go loook up all my comments on Reaves specifically and see for yourself if you don't believe lol

So no clue what the insinuation is Sloth lol

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
All I said is it should be for cheap before I knew AAV.... mmmmmm

So no clue what the insinuation is Sloth lol
You also said it better not be above 1.25/per or he's not worth it.

Then proceeded to agree with another poster that he probably wasn't worth above league minimum.

You can't win them all.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
You also said it better not be above 1.25/per or he's not worth it.

Then proceeded to agree with another poster that he probably wasn't worth above league minimum.

You can't win them all.
1.3 million... so I was correct in my assessment lol (off 5 k)

what's to win? Lmao

I never trashed the signing. PERIOD.
I basically agreed with other poster he might not end up being worth more then min salary... which doesn't mean he wasn't worthwhile to have... min salary players still can be great value signings so you're just trying to prove a point through your own biased opinions of me, coupled with poor reading capabilities lol

and I stuck up for Reaves many times in posts

Good try though bud : )

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Isaac Nootin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad