Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign F Ryan Reaves (3 years, $1.3M AAV)

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Pagnotta is garbage, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in this instance. Though I hope he is. Not gonna be too worried about it overall if the AAV comes in at a completely buriable level. The closer to league min, the better.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Reaves? He’s the only player in the league who draws more heat from the officials than Bunting. Doesn’t sound like a great idea.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
This is just an incredibly stupid, knee-jerk move.

They say we need toughness? Great! I'll just get the toughest one of 'em all! This'll make Matthews and Marner score in the playoffs when we need them!

Just completely oblivious to the real needs of the team, and/or completely unwilling to pay the price to get the kind of players we need to balance out our top-6.

And we just wanted him so bad that we just had to lock him up right as free agency opened up. I just can't even.

Dubas would not be making moves like this. We needed changes but keeping the coach and the core 4, and adding a goon doesn't constitute change.

This is the bleakest offseason I can remember. There's zero reason for optimism right now.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Hard to do from the press box.
Not really, players on the roster who contributed in some way usually get to hold the trophy. Are you new to Stanley Cup celebrations?
Does Kurtis McDermid ring a bell?
1688191194626.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Phion Keneuf

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'll be fired up to watch him punch some faces in the regular season, and he will be good for the dressing room BUT his contract will be much more of a hindrance and viewed as a mistake that needs juggled. He can't keep up in the playoffs and I would rather his ice time go to players that have a semblance of an ability to drive play.

This will be a mistake with bouts of entertainment.

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014

They say we need toughness? Great! I'll just get the toughest one of 'em all! This'll make Matthews and Marner score in the playoffs when we need them!

Just completely oblivious to the real needs of the team, and/or completely unwilling to pay the price to get the kind of players we need to balance out our top-6.

And we just wanted him so bad that we just had to lock him up right as free agency opened up. I just can't even.

Dubas would not be making moves like this. We needed changes but keeping the coach and the core 4, and adding a goon doesn't constitute change.

This is the bleakest offseason I can remember. There's zero reason for optimism right now.
You must be new to this franchise, do a quick search on Lanny McDonald and get back to me.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

I don’t imagine this is the only change coming this summer. He’ll likely be a 13th forward or 4th liner. That’s position is open, and I for one would love Reaves to add a dimension we sorely have lacked for years VS some BS hybrid guy who really does f all and just skates around aimlessly. If we need toughness. Like you mentioned, there is currently no tougher. He’ll likely command 800K-1.2 mill. A very easy commitment to get out of if things go sour. Let’s all stop acting like he’ll be paired up with Matthews and Marner. Also with limited cap there’s few players for around that Mill mark I would rather. If we had him in Florida, that series would have played out much differently. Forget his fighting, he’s also one of the best hitters in the league and can create serious energy

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00