Confirmed with Link: Leafs Sign David Booth (1 year $1.1 mil)

Tyler Biggs*

Booth is in a good position in T.O.: modest contract. lowered expectations... if he can pop in 15-20 goals without being a defensive liability then he will be a bargain.

Tyler Biggs*

Who cares if he walks for nothing lol? We gave up literally nothing to obtain him, the goal being able to create depth that will carry us into the post season.

:nod:

If it works out then great. If not then oh well, he walks at the end of the year. Very little risk here.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
In one thread these new players are viewed as short-term seat fillers and reclamation projects to buy time for the future prospects to develop.

&

In another thread they're seen as key vital replacements for Bolland, Kuemin, Raymond and McClement to make the Leafs better playing key minutes and contributing while propelling the Leafs forward, but only might be here for a season due to contracts.

That seems like a contradiction in beliefs as to what they truly represent.

The more Booth, Santorelli and Kontiola play the less time for Frattin, Holland and Ashton to play and develop and may even send some to the pressbox as Leafs NHL ready prospects.

There's no contradiction.

Some vets on short term deals left, and were replaced by other vets on short term deals.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Booth: Confident a return to form will come with full health:http://www2.tsn.ca/window/podcastcentre/#id=34887 &id=13

He seems to have a positive attitude, hopefully that translates onto the ice this year and he stays healthy!

Interviewer asked a leading question that some players would just run with and dump on their former team, possibly using it to make excuses ( Torts soap opera ) Booth took the high road and refocused conversation on to what he did as a player, and how he needs to improve and work through adversity in his game. Very classy...positive...sees past pettiness and just stays positive. I think he will thrive in the Toronto Spotlight. like this guy.

The Nic

Jul 26, 2009
Steve Simmons crapped on the Booth signing in his Sunday column today... so now I'm positive that it was a good move by the Leafs.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
they had to pick up booth our absolute pathetic drafting over the last long while has left next to nothing in the system to challenge for spots.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Love this signing expect a 30 point year 15 15 from him at minimum if healthy.

I don't know how some people have issues with this amazing contract 1 year. He makes less then Tanner Glass.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Steve Simmons crapped on the Booth signing in his Sunday column today... so now I'm positive that it was a good move by the Leafs.

From his bio line on the Sun website ....

The hard-hitting, award-winning sports columnist joined the Sun in 1987 after stints with the Calgary Herald and Calgary Sun. Knows every sport inside out. Has covered 12 Olympic Games and half a dozen Super Bowls as well. Very opinionated. http://www.torontosun.com/author/steve-simmons

He's aparently very modest too.. ;)

I wonder if fragmented sentences is something an award winning author should try to avoid? ;)

Tyler Biggs*

That was before this.

booth1.jpg

He's a shadow of his 08\09 form. Anyone expecting that David Booth will be disappointed.

If he scores 10-15 and isn't a defensive liability, I'll be happy with the signing. He doesn't need to be the player he used to be, just a solid, secondary contributor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad