Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Auston Matthews to ELC

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
For the record, in two threads I told everyone this happened this morning but I think my post were deleted or something, unless i just cant find them now. but that's cool!

I saw it, good guess.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You knew it was going to happen as the debate was getting heated. LOL

Lou once again gives the royal middle finger to the media. :laugh:

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
Because we dont like fake news from trolls.

Not that you are one, but your post was probably indistinguishable from one. Need a source/link.

okay fair enough. but i dont have a "source" for my info, so it kind of sucks that if i have some info it just gets deleted

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hahahaha I remember all the doubters. I said yesterday 0% chance he doesn't get the max, although I'm pretty sure this wasn't Lou's decision.

Shanahan has even said as much though in the past.

Shanahan flat out said that this isn't New Jersey, this isn't Detroit. While some of Lou's and Bab's philosophy's carried over (Beard/Hair Rule, etc) things aren't going to be done like they did in previous places.

This is one of those aspects.

Matthews was always going to get a max rookie deal, but the two sides don't go to the league and say "Yeah, just a max contract".

They need to work out the specifics, what performances bonuses are included and which are worth more etc.

There's still negotiation and work to do on a max rookie deal.

Too bad our media are ****ing brutal and don't tell that side of the story

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
LOL Kevin McGran got his article in just in time. Got to fill that quota!

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Can't believe people were actually worried. Looks would have been fired if he didn't sign Matthews and Lou isn't that dumb. When will some of you learn not to listen to the media. You would be much happier and your day would be better if you ignored them. Seriously.

Mad Brills*

$2,630,916 in cap space left before Horton's LTIR in october.

Should be enough to get a backup and keep all 5 RFAs.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Not a guess my friend, i dont post much on these boards, im more of a browser. you wont see a single post of mine where i just guessed

I was joking but no one has a way of knowing what is real and made up.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Its like the Leafs were waiting for an article so they could announce it

I know. the hilarious thing is - McGrann was supposed to be on the radio to probably fan the fires. then Lou announced it.

it's okay though. Mirtle was there to be all doom + gloomy.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Glad its over with. Brisson wasn't going to cave til late August at the earliest. Slight distraction out of the way. Glad to have him officially part of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Or...or, you know it was just baseless speculation from people who had absolutely zero clue about what was going on with anything to do with Matthews, the Leafs, Lamiorello, Shanahan or anything to do with the contract negotiations at hand...maybe.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
will he play in top 6 or bottom 6

can he play in ahl

Babs made it sound like Nylander and Matthews will play together on the third line to begin Training Camp.

He can play in the AHL, but there is a 0.005% chance of that happening.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
I believe I stated twice that we would sign him without issue and that everyone needed to relax.

Thank god this happened when it did. This place was starting to get unbearable.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
GUYS!

MARTIN MARINCIN HASN'T SIGNED YET! LOU IS BALKING AT THE PRICE

:scared:

/sarcasm

DutchLeafsfan

Jun 3, 2002
Rotterdam, NL
www.gamer.nl
Shanahan has even said as much though in the past.

Shanahan flat out said that this isn't New Jersey, this isn't Detroit. While some of Lou's and Bab's philosophy's carried over (Beard/Hair Rule, etc) things aren't going to be done like they did in previous places.

This is one of those aspects.

Matthews was always going to get a max rookie deal, but the two sides don't go to the league and say "Yeah, just a max contract".

They need to work out the specifics, what performances bonuses are included and which are worth more etc.

There's still negotiation and work to do on a max rookie deal.

Too bad our media are ****ing brutal and don't tell that side of the story

Now now, let's use some common sense here. Why apply a balanced view on things and explaining the details when you can produce an article with clickbait title in half the time and get triple the views? :sarcasm:

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
$2,630,916 in cap space left before Horton's LTIR in october.

Should be enough to get a backup and keep all 5 RFAs.

Yeah, but if Marner/Nylander/Matthews/Rychel/Zaitsev reach their signing bonuses, that could in theory reach up to an extra 5.5 mil in cap hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad