Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Andreas Johnson to ELC + Brennan to 1-yr deal

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
I know it's the cliche comparison, but Johnson really does remind me a lot of Cammelleri. Always gets himself in a great position to wire one timers, excellent shot off the rush. He's pretty much always thinking "shoot", which is awesome with a guy like Nylander on the ice.

maybe a cross between camm and pre-injury frattin. pre injury frattin was a bull in the corners and could drive to the net.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
I'd also like to see Nylander playing center next year. Like to see something like

Leivo Nylander Brown
Leipsic McKegg Johnson
Rupert Gauthier Froese
Rupert Verhaghe Soshnikov
Biggs Bailey

Brennan MacWilliam
Percy Loov
Valiev Nillson/Finn/Marshall

Frattin Carrick Granberg up with the Leafs.

rather see:

johnson nylander brown
bailey verhaeghe, leipsic
leivo gauthier soshnikov
biggs, mcgregg, ruperts, whoever

brennan, valiev
loov, finn
nilsson, macwilliam
knodel

(assuming percy, granberg graduate).

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
So much for Johnson saying he's not going to be coming to play in the Marlies next year... Unless we are loaning him to Frolunda.

Where are we going to fit him here?

Nylander-McKegg-Brown
Leipsic-Froese-Soshnikov
R.Rupert-Verhaeghe-Biggs
M.Rupert-Gauthier-Rodewald
Foster

See?

Should probably add Casey Bailey to that list too.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
rather see:

johnson nylander brown
bailey verhaeghe, leipsic
leivo gauthier soshnikov
biggs, mcgregg, ruperts, whoever

brennan, valiev
loov, finn
nilsson, macwilliam
knodel

(assuming percy, granberg graduate).

I think people are forgetting that some guys like Verheague (sp?) may start with Orlando. Also, the Marlies carry about 5 or so extras and work them through the line up, cover injuries, etc.

We should also have one or two yet to be determined prospects there as returns from "the purge".

It's too early to project the Marlies line up - too many variables.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
It's too early to project the Marlies line up - too many variables.

...and yet it is somehow more predictable than the Leafs lineup.

What is interesting though, is that really outside of Brennan, any lineup you can create, is mostly with prospects, and not AHL filler. Maybe we are lacking some of the elite, but we have plenty that can backfill the back half of the team, with a few players that could surprise to the upside and fill the top six, and maybe the top four. The more prospects we have, the luckier we shall get that someone will outperform expectations.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
So much for Johnson saying he's not going to be coming to play in the Marlies next year... Unless we are loaning him to Frolunda.

Where are we going to fit him here?

Nylander-McKegg-Brown
Leipsic-Froese-Soshnikov
R.Rupert-Verhaeghe-Biggs
M.Rupert-Gauthier-Rodewald
Foster

See?

brown or nylander could be in the nhl, johnson is better than some of the guys you listed so he might steal a spot from someone like rodewald

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
I think Bailey should be in the NHL in a top 9 role, after the inevitable Kessel and Bozak trades.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
e2494b2dae9d4c537141a47eaad0913f6732f4839e20513804ad74f4fa7d28be.jpg

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
The Marlies will have a great power play this year. It isn't cheap to keep a player like Brennan in the AHL when money awaits in Europe.

It's good to see Johnson under contract regardless of whether he plays in NA next season or not. I was also glad to hear that Johnson thinks his breathing issues are behind him. I've never seen a player his size excel in the NHL without a high energy game.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Finally! When the report came out a couple weeks ago about the Leafs not contacting him at all about a contract and him returning to the SHL, I was nervous. I think this guy has top 6 potential written all over him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad