Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Andreas Johnson to ELC + Brennan to 1-yr deal

NikoPopp

Dec 19, 2013
according to a swedish paper who talked to Johnson:

"I am going over there on camp in July but that's it for me this year. I feel like I need to develop more both on and off the ice before I make the move. I was given a lot of trust in Frolunda the past season and will try to take on an even bigger role for the next. The way I see it, its all positive to stay one more year"

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013
Brennan could still round out his game and be useful, stability may help him

but mostly I am happy to see Johnson locked in, good stuff!

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
So you think a player whose never held a full time position in the NHL gets a one way deal worth over 950000..........

On a rebuilding team, why not?

There seems to be a lot of people around here who think we should only sign proven, deserving NHL players. These people are going to be very disappointed with our roster in the fall.

Super Mega

Jun 29, 2013

There seems to be a lot of people around here who think we should only sign proven, deserving NHL players. These people are going to be very disappointed with our roster in the fall.

the roster should just be a bunch of flyers, brennan works - they wont all be winners we can turn into picks

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Surprised that they signed him so early with a year (or 2?) remaining in the window to sign him.

Was reading the HF scouting report, it said he had to be signed before the 2015 draft or he'd become an UFA

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Good to hear. Was wondering how long it might take to get Johnson signed. Also good to have Brennan back. Either on the Leafs or a great Marlies guy. Someone we should keep in the there regardless.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
This is what I get for trying to look up ****. Thanks.

haha, I wasn't sure myself.

I thought I heard 4 years, but it could have been 3 years...

Either way, it's an interesting thought behind signing him if they knew that he was going to stay with Frolunda for a year and also had another year to sign him. Maybe they didn't want to go through the problems that some college free agents do and choose to play wherever they want.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Brennan's stats with Toronto:

2013-14 RS: 76GP 72P PO: 14GP 14P
2014-15 RS: 19GP 16P PO: 5GP 7P

Deadly AHL stats

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
Its pretty reasonable to assume that a .83 PPG defense man in the AHL in the past 2 years is worth money

You don't pay over the $950,000 for that kind of production in only the AHL. If he was younger and showed more at the NHL level he might get that kind of money but then it would be a two way deal.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Great news re: Johnson. This guy is parachuting into what will be a good program. Expecting an uptick in skilled European forwards on the Leafs in the coming years.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
you don't pay over the $950,000 for that kind of production in only the ahl. If he was younger and showed more at the nhl level he might get that kind of money but then it would be a two way deal.

lol.

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007

I don't see a problem signing him. The poster I responded to mentioned $1.2 million and I can't see him signing over $950,000.

The Great Gazoo

Hello, dum dum
May 2, 2014
Isle of Van
Now I'm worried. What will we complain about now that Johnson is signed?

Oh, I know! Why haven't they signed (insert 2015 1st round pick name here) yet?!?!?!?!

Nothing like getting a head start.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I don't see a problem signing him. The poster I responded to mentioned $1.2 million and I can't see him signing over $950,000.

Please don't ever make up stuff about me again. I said that it was important to find out if it was 1 way or two way for cap implications.

To quote myself "It certainly does, considering you have no idea of knowing if its 950k or 1.2 mill or what have you. if its more then 925k then the excess goes on as a cap hit even if hes in the AHL. So it certainly is relevant"

Nowhere in there does it say "signed for 1.2 million".

Thanks.

Drakkor

Apr 21, 2007
Please don't ever make up stuff about me again. I said that it was important to find out if it was 1 way or two way for cap implications.

To quote myself "It certainly does, considering you have no idea of knowing if its 950k or 1.2 mill or what have you. if its more then 925k then the excess goes on as a cap hit even if hes in the AHL. So it certainly is relevant"

Nowhere in there does it say "signed for 1.2 million".

Thanks.

As you quoted yourself, you mentioned $1.2 mill again. All I said was it wouldn't be over $950,000. It's in black and white. Not made up.

Edit: I never claimed you did, I said you mentioned 1.2 mill

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Leipsic - McKegg - Brown
Nylander - Froese - Johnson
Rupert - Verhaghe - Soshnikov
Rupert - Gauthier - Biggs

Brennan - MacWilliam
Percy - Loov
Valiev - Marshall
Finn - Nilsson

Gibson
Bibeau

Granberg , Leivo , Carrick Frattin NHL

Kozun?

I'd really hope that Bibeau is the de facto #1 - Gibson isn't a prospect anymore in my mind, he's an average AHL goaltender. Bibeau has room to grow. Let's foster that.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Leipsic - McKegg - Brown
Nylander - Froese - Johnson
Rupert - Verhaghe - Soshnikov
Rupert - Gauthier - Biggs

Brennan - MacWilliam
Percy - Loov
Valiev - Marshall
Finn - Nilsson

Gibson
Bibeau

Granberg , Leivo , Carrick Frattin NHL

Kozun?
they should have either verhaeghe or gauthier play second line center, no reason to make both of them play crap minutes with little room to devolope their offensive game, froese should either be in the nhl, or on the wing

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
I'd really hope that Bibeau is the de facto #1 - Gibson isn't a prospect anymore in my mind, he's an average AHL goaltender. Bibeau has room to grow. Let's foster that.

Really? He's only 22 and posted some pretty good numbers last year even when the team was ******** the bed early on. He was also a big reason for the playoff push down the stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad