Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Is this on TSN? I'm hoping Mike Johnson is the colour commentator. Really enjoy him and the other dude can't remember his name but he was "Romanuk" like but actually really decent.

I wish Johnson was on Sportsnet with Cuthbert, that would be ideal, oh well. What am I even on about?

Reactions: saffronleaf

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Is this on TSN? I'm hoping Mike Johnson is the colour commentator. Really enjoy him and the other dude can't remember his name but he was "Romanuk" like but actually really decent.

I wish Johnson was on Sportsnet with Cuthbert, that would be ideal, oh well. What am I even on about?
TSN with Miller and Ferraro calling it.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
And then we get to play the Habs again wow!

haha, I think next week everything suddenly feels odd. Rangers, Sharks I think?

That's gonna be interesting. This pandemic thing has been absolutely weird for everyone.
We get the Sens again. Will be nice to see the Rangers Monday.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Who says such things?

Just the recency bias that people bring into these threads and general trend towards posting negatively vs. positively around here.

Concerning slow starts despite the fact the Leafs are one of the best first period teams the last couple of years. Not gonna name names but actual comments in game threads yesterday:

"This has been an issue for the leafs the last few years about starting on time. It’s only one game this season but I just don’t understand why they never start on time."

"We almost never start on time. If not for Campbell standing on his head, we're down 0-3 in the first 10 minutes and it's a completely different game. "

"Glad they won but very disappointed that once again they failed to be ready to start the game."

"the handful of times they didn't start the game well are enough proof that it's a major problem for the team."

"Another slow start, another game where they are coming from behind."

"Ugh this start. Shaping up to be a typical leaf year ..."

"Doesn’t matter the year, this team looks perpetually unprepared or unwilling to start on time."

"They must be breaking all time record for bad starts in NHL history ..."

"And slow starts seem all too familiar."

OK, Just gonna name one guy:

"Nice win but man they have to stop with the slow starts. " - ACC1224 :P

Reactions: Dekes For Days

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Just the recency bias that people bring into these threads and general trend towards posting negatively vs. positively around here.

Concerning slow starts despite the fact the Leafs are one of the best first period teams the last couple of years. Not gonna name names but actual comments in game threads yesterday:

"This has been an issue for the leafs the last few years about starting on time. It’s only one game this season but I just don’t understand why they never start on time."

"We almost never start on time. If not for Campbell standing on his head, we're down 0-3 in the first 10 minutes and it's a completely different game. "

"Glad they won but very disappointed that once again they failed to be ready to start the game."

"the handful of times they didn't start the game well are enough proof that it's a major problem for the team."

"Doesn’t matter the year, this team looks perpetually unprepared or unwilling to start on time."

Like all topics these days this is way overblown and ridiculous.

You nailed it. The Leafs have been one of the stronger first period teams for years and it is crazy how some will go out of their way to find something negative to say.

Always look forward to the 30 games they will inevitably lose during the season to read how management sucks, they are spoiled and entitled, no heart, no compete, don't care, not tough enough, rotten core, need to be executed on site group of lowlifes this franchise is

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I kind of get the impression that they only want Liljegren into the game if another defenseman has an injury, which seems a bit weird to me. He needs to get a foothold in the NHL so the team can finally see what he has to offer

Completely agree. With Rielly and Holl being UFA's this summer, Dubas and company need to see what they have. Give him a chance already.

Reactions: geo25

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I was referring to the 'ALWAYS can't hold leads' not the slow starts that they can be guilty of.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Like all topics these days this is way overblown and ridiculous.

You nailed it. The Leafs have been one of the stronger first period teams for years and it is crazy how some will go out of their way to find something negative to say.

Always look forward to the 30 games they will inevitably lose during the season to read how management sucks, they are spoiled and entitled, no heart, no compete, don't care, not tough enough, rotten core, need to be executed on site group of lowlifes this franchise is
Why would you read a Post Game thread if you aren't interested in peoples comments post game?
Saying they started slow last night isn't overblown, it's exactly what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad