Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Players to watch:

Tavares/Marner. With Matthews out and Nylander holding up his end, I'd like to see these 2 hit the scoresheet.

Engvall. He played a great game 1. Can he play well enough to keep a permanent spot in the lineup?

Mrazek. First game as a Leaf for the other half of our goalie tandem. Let's see what we're going to get for about 41 games this year.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I find the Leafs are horrible on 2-1 both ways.
On D we never stop the pass, on O we never make the pass.

Other than Brodie, who is a wizard 2-1, or maybe it's because Rielly just puts him in so many of those situations I remember him being unreal on them. Anyone else I agree.

Reactions: MattySnipes

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Players to watch:

Tavares/Marner. With Matthews out and Nylander holding up his end, I'd like to see these 2 hit the scoresheet.

Engvall. He played a great game 1. Can he play well enough to keep a permanent spot in the lineup?

Mrazek. First game as a Leaf for the other half of our goalie tandem. Let's see what we're going to get for about 41 games this year.

I don't think Engvall needs to worry about his roster spot. Mikheyev is out for a while and even in a fully healthy lineup, he is one of the 12 best forwards we have.

Simmonds is the one who needs to worry the most. Had a subpar game 1 and a subpar preseason overall. Amadio already knows he is on the outside looking in and will likely get waived at some point.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Would like to see Semyonov in tonight for either Amadio or Simmonds. We need to find a 4th line that can outwork and outhit the opposition when on the ice. Last night didnt cut it.

Reactions: hockeynorth

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't think Engvall needs to worry about his roster spot. Mikheyev is out for a while and even in a fully healthy lineup, he is one of the 12 best forwards we have.

Simmonds is the one who needs to worry the most. Had a subpar game 1 and a subpar preseason overall. Amadio already knows he is on the outside looking in and will likely get waived at some point.

I'd definitely expect Amadio to give way to Matthews once he returns. Interesting might be what happens if/when they want to work Semyonov into the mix? I don't particularly believe that will be a full-time occurrence though.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I'd definitely expect Amadio to give way to Matthews once he returns. Interesting might be what happens if/when they want to work Semyonov into the mix? I don't particularly believe that will be a full-time occurrence though.

Rotate him in with Simmonds and Spezza.

Plus there will be more injuries.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Damn, another game already?

I'm glad hockey is back. Love the Leafs though they will surely break my heart but it's ok.

Can't wait 'til Matthews gets back though.

Hoping for an enjoyable game later. Go Leafs Go!

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
curious to you thoughts on percentage of leafs fan in attendance?

It's always quite close I've seen it 50-50 in regular season a number of times. Playoffs ....back in early 2000s we had about 4-5000 Leaf fans I would say (going by by almost 20 year old memory). Will give an update tonight though for sure.

Reactions: The Missing Piece

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not sure the exact lineups yet but this should be close......with GSVA from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20211014-161547_Sheets.jpg

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
It's always quite close I've seen it 50-50 in regular season a number of times. Playoffs ....back in early 2000s we had about 4-5000 Leaf fans I would say (going by by almost 20 year old memory). Will give an update tonight though for sure.
Please do buds , Have fun. I'm sure it'll be rockin in there.

Reactions: Marshy

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Or imagine we start quickly and then blow a 3 goal lead and we have to hear that we ALWAYS can't hold onto the big leads we get early in the game.
Who says such things?

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Going to the game tonight....my record over the years is not good in regular season but very good in the playoffs when I attend.

If we lose tonight, sorry boys!

No worries it's a back to back scenario, even if it is the Sens.

They did well against us last season though didn't they?

Brown and Zaitsev will probably score. Enjoy the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad