Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
Why would you read a Post Game thread if you aren't interested in peoples comments post game?
Saying they started slow last night isn't overblown, it's exactly what happened.

I am interested. That's why I read it.

They did start slow, but it is not some recurring theme. But if they started well, then tapered off it would be another reason to be upset. Chasing the fictional full 60 as if every other team they play is an ECHL team who has zero interest in winning.

Reactions: Oscar Peterson

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I was referring to the 'ALWAYS can't hold leads' not the slow starts that they can be guilty of.

You also said "I don't think anyone said that or believes that." to someone complaining about all the posters claiming the Leafs suck to start games in another thread. Maybe that was just stuck in my head.

As far as the "always cant hold leads thing goes", there is going to be a time when it's gonna be a strong narrative around here and then die off. It happens every year I think.

It seems weird but loss post game threads seem to get twice as many pages as wins and even the wins threads are loaded with negative posts. Mods actually had to throw on a warning after last nights win.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

They did start slow, but it is not some recurring theme. But if they started well, then tapered off it would be another reason to be upset. Chasing the fictional full 60 as if every other team they play is an ECHL team who has zero interest in winning.
why would you think anyone is upset? man this place :laugh:

Reactions: Jojalu

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Going to the game tonight....my record over the years is not good in regular season but very good in the playoffs when I attend.

If we lose tonight, sorry boys!

Start attending more playoff games will ya?!

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

The organization itself has set the idea of championship habits and process over results as narrative themes over the past year and a half. These concepts are all over the Blueprint, All or Nothing and various media storylines sold to the public on a daily basis. They also frame their season as a championship climb and draw comparisons to themselves and historic NHL greats and breaking curses like the 2004 Boston Red Sox, so there’s an inherent amount of “it’s not good enough we want to be better” running through the way they’re telling their own story.

So it makes sense that many fans are following along like a hawkish coach watching for those good habits to form and the pursuit of the perfect 60 minutes. The bar has been set high and rightfully so.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad