Proposal: Leafs - Sens

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I'm a Leafs fan and even I can't stand seeing the league's worst owner deliberately and maliciously destroy a once proud rival. As a hockey fan, it makes me angry.

I ****ing guarantee you that Melynk steals the damn bread from buffets.
I couldn't agree more. We had it in Toronto with Ballard. I do not wish it on my worst enemy or on the Sens.

Reactions: OmniCube

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
The age difference is what kills this deal IMO.
Stone is 5 years older. He is (IMO) a bit but not a lot better than Nylander, and Nylander still has years to grow.
If we are going all in on this year, a deal near the deadline for a pick+mid tier prospects id be down for.

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Kadri - Stone
Leivo - Lindholm - Kappanen

Gives us 3 legit lines that are most team top line comparable.
**Drool**

Stone is only 4 years older, and is considerably better than Nylander at this point in time. Hes an elite two way winger. Nylander could be that good when he gets to Stone's age, sure. But its not that close right now. Hes 2 years younger than Tavares, so it still fits the window of the team.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
interesting proposal, but given their ages, it would be Ottawa that would have to add.

pmwlker

Apr 13, 2018
I'd stop saying it if people stopped including him in trades. By all accounts the Leafs will be not only signing him but also keeping him long-term.

Until that changes and I hear from either Nylander [agent] or Dubas, I will continue to shoot down dumb proposals where we constantly lose because people don't realize the true value of Nylander.

Who establishes the true value of Nylander then?? His value is all over the place on these boards. Leafs fans want to put his value at that of an 80 plus pt Centre when in reality he isn’t and may never be. Fans of other teams value him as a 60ish point winger which he CURRENTLY is. I figure it’s somewhere in the middle myself. Easily the hardest guy to gauge value on in the boards. Overrated by some and underrated by others.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Who establishes the true value of Nylander then?? His value is all over the place on these boards. Leafs fans want to put his value at that of an 80 plus pt Centre when in reality he isn’t and may never be. Fans of other teams value him as a 60ish point winger which he CURRENTLY is. I figure it’s somewhere in the middle myself. Easily the hardest guy to gauge value on in the boards. Overrated by some and underrated by others.
Guy is right in the middle of all of those valuations. Been used as a RW more than a C mostly because of need on our team but he has played C his whole life so he can definitely make the switch. That gives him mixed value based on whether you view/buy as a RW or a C (we will only sell him as a C, more value). If you believe in potential in a 22 year old, he can easily eclipse 80 points given his first two years were identical 61 point seasons (one was 20 games without matthews). You DO NOT undersell a player in that situation. That's the type of player other teams overpay for and thats why hes justified in getting a ~7M contract

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

I'd trade him for McDavid

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Not trading Willy for a guy who’s 4 years older and at least 1 M more expensive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad