GDT: Leafs @ Sens - TSN 7pm

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Def gonna check out tonight's games. Main focus will be on Robertson, the middle six, Sandin, and Liljegren.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Weird about Lilejegren. He had easily the best first game of any of him, Dermott, and Sandin, and they give him easily the defenseman with the least experience. It really feels like this organization doesn't value what he brings, and I just cannot figure out why. Weirdly though, Kral might be the best of him, Biega, and Dahlstrom right now so that might actually work in his favour. Dermott going to have flashbacks to the days when he carried Polak to positive rels.

As for the lines: I know they don't matter, but why not have Kase play with Kerfoot and see what they look like together (as they are clearly 3rd line F on this team) instead of continuing to trot out Simmonds like he isn't clearly the worst F that will be on the NHL roster.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Weird about Lilejegren. He had easily the best first game of any of him, Dermott, and Sandin, and they give him easily the defenseman with the least experience. It really feels like this organization doesn't value what he brings, and I just cannot figure out why. Weirdly though, Kral might be the best of him, Biega, and Dahlstrom right now so that might actually work in his favour. Dermott going to have flashbacks to the days when he carried Polak to positive rels.

As for the lines: I know they don't matter, but why not have Kase play with Kerfoot and see what they look like together (as they are clearly 3rd line F on this team) instead of continuing to trot out Simmonds like he isn't clearly the worst F that will be on the NHL roster.

IMO Kral looked the best of the 'rest'. He skates well, makes smart passes and seems to already be a really good AHLer who we may be able to call up later this yea rif he keeps progressing. I think Lilj has the best of the partners.
I think there is an outside chance Kase will be a top 6 F. He can shoot really well, and when healthy he has more offensive upside.
Ritchie - Matthews - Marner
Kase - Tavares - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kamf - Kerfoot
Simmonds - Spezza - Bunting

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Gabriel vs Sabourin going down tonight. Weak lineup for us, stronger lineup for them. Great chance for some guys trying to separate from the pack. Our team is so underwhelming I think Kerfoot & Dermott will get the other A's after the obvious vet choice in Simmonds. Hang on folks. Could be a bumpy ride lol

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
All the pairings and lines make sense, Keefe said tonight is for the bubble guys to show they belong. All of them feature 1 or 2 players trying to break through.

Sandin, Liljegren, and Dermott anchoring their own pairings. Robertson, Ho-Sang, Gusev, and Amadio got their own lines.

If Sandin and Lilj are anchors, then there's no battle left. You got them, Reilly, Holl, Dermott, Muzzin and Brodie. That's your seven. I don't even know if Leafs can carry seven.

Coach should be focused on finding D pairings that work. This isn't tryouts for the Marlies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dahlstrom is a solid AHL defenseman, but he's really not looking good again today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad