Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens | This ain't Aruba

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn't mind out arena becoming feared. Like the Oakland raiders fans. Opposing teams fans don't even go to those games.

Public servants and their families are not intimidating.

Remember that a lot of Leafs fans attend with their Sens fans friends.

People who don't go to the games don't understand that, but a good portion of Leaf fans are in the same families / social circles as the Sens fans.

Leaf fans in Toronto imagine this mass exodus to Ottawa but it's not really how it works.

But there's always a few idiots who ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I wouldn't mind out arena becoming feared. Like the Oakland raiders fans. Opposing teams fans don't even go to those games.

As someone who has been to Oakland, I can say with reasonable confidence that the reason no visitors go to Oakland Raiders games is for the same reasons that nobody visits Oakland.

You think the stadium is feared? Try seeing where those fans go after the game. Oakland-Alameda Coliseum is probably one of the safer places you can be in that neighborhood.

There are PLENTY of factors that go into why Oakland-Alameda is a rough place for visitors... "being good fans" is pretty far down that list.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
why not fan segregation, like in Soccer? have a few sections that are for leafs fans? i guess it might be hard to enforce where people sit.

This. Hockey fans are bred into the mingling mentality, where fans of opposing teams are always in the same sections.

Heck, I even saw a leaf fan in the RSU section.

It's an idea that works in theory, but people here simply wouldn't go for this.
It's a sad cycle of perpetuation, ie. Sens fans refusing to go to games because of all the hooliganism, creating more seats for leaf fans, and the building gets taken over. Not to mention doubling the game prices so a normal Sens fan simply says "well I'll go to the Preds game next week instead".

Simmer had an interesting take to deal with the shenanigans. Essentially start kicking out leaf fans for any altercations (where both sides are participating) regardless of who started it. That way you keep leaf fans from engaging, even if the Sens fan started it, as unfair as that is.

Unfortunately, we are too politically correct and management won't have the balls to do something like that.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Again, it's silly to segregate fans when you have a father who is a Leaf fan with two sons wearing Sens jerseys, or a couple with opposing jerseys.

It's quite common.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
whitey-ford-pretzel-barage-o.gif

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
And people on this board were against the RSU supporter's section. :shakehead

We have to meet this ******** with force not with a quiet whimper, a shrug and a 'well i'll just go to a different game'.

You should see how they mock us on the Leafs board.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

We have to meet this ******** with force not with a quiet whimper, a shrug and a 'well i'll just go to a different game'.

Who cares that they mock us?

Besides the, "I told you so, what would u do without us?" post isn't exactly going to enamour people towards your cause. The attitude of some RSU people is a big part of why many mocked it, and probably still will.

The fan section was a great idea and its done some noticeable good, but stuff like the "**** you Kessel" chant takes away from that.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Who cares that they mock us?

Besides the, "I told you so, what would u do without us?" post isn't exactly going to enamour people towards your cause. The attitude of some RSU people is a big part of why many mocked it, and probably still will.

The fan section was a great idea and its done some noticeable good, but stuff like the "**** you Kessel" chant takes away from that.

Heyyy Heyyy. **** you Kessel Chant was a work of art. It was funny, and so well synced just pure awesome.

Sucks we can't do it anymore tho. lol,

Last edited:

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Heyyy Heyyy. **** you Kessel Chant was a work of art. It was funny, and so well synced just pure awesome.

Sucks we can't do it anymore tho. lol,

No it wasn't. Anyone can create a **** you, (insert player name here) chant. It's not really imaginative.

Now Jets fans have chants down to science. Chanting stuff like: "Crosby's better!" at OV. "Silver Medal" at Ryan Miller.

You want a fun anti-Kessel chant? Go with "Seguin's Better!" Even something around Kessel's general fatness would be smart. Telling a player who's really done nothing to Ottawa other than score goals to **** off doesn't rattle him in the least. Coming up with something innovative might at least catch him off guard or distract him.

The "Thank you Kessel" chants in Boston were timed perfectly and just compounded an awful game he was already having.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Almost nobody was against it. People only expressed an aversion to choosing those tickets for themselves. Everyone was well supportive of those types of fans having their own spot.

By "us", do you mean the Sabres?

I'm still trying to figure out whose side you're on.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Almost nobody was against it. People only expressed an aversion to choosing those tickets for themselves. Everyone was well supportive of those types of fans having their own spot.

This is quite true, as I remember the thread well and was very active in it. It was the posters bringing small kids or those who like to sit and analyze the game who just wanted to make sure they are buying tickets away from 319. There was no direct criticism of the movement, so it's unfair for FS to sling mud at our fans, which he seems to be doing quite a bit of lately.

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
The fans weren't even bad sunday night.

I had 3 Leafs fans who would stand up every 5-10 seconds and block my view to the point I had to yell "sit the ******* down unless you want to pay for my ticket". Even the Leafs fans beside me were getting annoyed by it.

To be fair there was an annoying Sens fan down the isle from them dancing obnoxiously as if we went to the game to watch him instead of the on ice performance.

Overall regardless of what jersey was worn there was annoying drunk fans, which is to be expected.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think people were more against member(s) of RSU that proclaimed peopled in attendance during a home game were not 'true' fans if they weren't being loud or generated any kind of noise for a better atmosphere. That was my recollection of the whole thing

FuriousSenator

Mar 18, 2011
Ottawa
He's done it for years, he just does it under a different username now.

'shrug' I switched teams a bunch of years back when Jeff Hunt/OSEG restored my civic sports pride by bringing quality pro sports to Ottawa proper. I threw in with the Sens to complete the trifecta because the Sabres team I loved (06-10) had basically come to pieces via trades. Made most sense to follow Sens along with the RBs and Fury. Be happy I didn't go with the Leafs/Habs like too many do in this place.

I'm not slinging mud. I realize I come off as a bit harsh at times but my only intention is to help this fanbase/city sports culture reach its highest potential and learn to embrace change if it is for the better.

In my defence 2 or more posters were VERY vocally opposed to the very idea that their concentration on the game might be disturbed by a designated supporter's section. I agree in general the idea was met with moderate feelings.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
I think we should collect all the Leaf fans who caused the ****ing mess on Sunday and ship them all over to help fight ISIS! At least they'd be useful! :naughty:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
'shrug' I switched teams a bunch of years back when Jeff Hunt/OSEG restored my civic sports pride by bringing quality pro sports to Ottawa proper. I threw in with the Sens to complete the trifecta because the Sabres team I loved (06-10) had basically come to pieces via trades. Made most sense to follow Sens along with the RBs and Fury. Be happy I didn't go with the Leafs/Habs like too many do in this place.

I'm not slinging mud. I realize I come off as a bit harsh at times but my only intention is to help this fanbase/city sports culture reach its highest potential and learn to embrace change if it is for the better.

In my defence 2 or more posters were VERY vocally opposed to the very idea that their concentration on the game might be disturbed by a designated supporter's section. I agree in general the idea was met with moderate feelings.

meh, people are going to see a sporting event... not interstellar.. ( i saw it, i liked it)

Some Sens games have a movie theatre mentality... i would prefer non stop standing and cheering.. not sitting and clinking of tea cups.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
meh, people are going to see a sporting event... not interstellar.. ( i saw it, i liked it)

Some Sens games have a movie theatre mentality... i would prefer non stop standing and cheering.. not sitting and clinking of tea cups.

Lol i wish, hard to clink the teacups sitting on your hands all game. It can be pretty sad sitting in 319 watching all the other sections literally not make a peep all game but whatever way she goes in this city i guess. Im glad i now have a place to act a fool throughout the year when im feeling rowdy.

That said when your getting in fist fights at a sporting event whilst not participating in said event it's time to take a long look in the mirror at your life/priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad