Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens April 12 (7 p.m. Eastern) Battle of the Ontario Cup Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I sold my tickets to the game for a king's ransom. Going to see Joel Plaskett at the NAC instead. Much better experience for me than brawling with Leafs fans all night in a drunken stupor.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Really soak this one up folks, one of the only times you will see leafers cheering on the Sens in a head on matchup. Hope the Sens bring their throat stomping boots!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yes sadly.

I was hoping Lehner would start being that he has been really good lately.

Oh for God sake. I'm sick of this. I'm no Lehner fanboy and I have nothing against Andy, but NURTURE YOUR YOUNG GOALIE. Let him get more experience in what is always an intense environment between these two teams. It's not a hard concept, Coach.

Not surprised, though.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Oh for God sake. I'm sick of this. I'm no Lehner fanboy and I have nothing against Andy, but NURTURE YOUR YOUNG GOALIE. Let him get more experience in what is always an intense environment between these two teams. It's not a hard concept, Coach.

Not surprised, though.

Best players play.

Any news on Mikachu? Hearing on Twitter it might be a concussion but MacLean saying it's not lower or upper.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Last time there was a meaningless game between these two teams, Boyd Devereux got a hat trick and the win dropped Toronto 3 spots back in the draft. Instead of getting OEL, Evander Kane or Brayden Schenn, they got Nazem Kadri. Waaaa waaaaaa

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
I hope people do realize we play Sunday and that Lehner will get the season finale. Seriously if people are outraged over Andy starting on Saturday then they have serious problems.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I hope people do realize we play Sunday and that Lehner will get the season finale. Seriously if people are outraged over Andy starting on Saturday then they have serious problems.

Everyone knows which of the two games mean more though

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Everyone knows which of the two games mean more though

Both games are meaningless unless winning to botch Anaheim's pick is some sort of team goal. The only reason I thought Anderson should have played Thursday is to give Lehner his first shot against the Leafs. Either way, how Paul has played the goalies has been fine.

Both goalies have been great down the stretch while facing over 40 shots a game each. I'm hoping this is a positive trend for next year as Lehner's starts will be going off.

The negative Nancy in me is worried that both are playing well now that there is nothing to lose and the pressure is off.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

lol I have serious problemz :razz:

I want Lehner to be put into the pressure cooker of a Leafs game in Ottawa. I don't care about Sunday.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I will be there and hope to be able to walk out of the CTC without getting chirped by loud mouth Laff fans.

The Battle of Onterrible...

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
If we really think about this it's probably better that the leafs win and pass us in the standings. I'd rather our divisional rival get a WORSE pick even if that means a Western Conference team gets a better one. Who care if Anaheim picks 1st overall? The last thing we want is for Toronto to have an even better pick because we beat them on the last game of season.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
If we really think about this it's probably better that the leafs win and pass us in the standings. I'd rather our divisional rival get a WORSE pick even if that means a Western Conference team gets a better one. Who care if Anaheim picks 1st overall? The last thing we want is for Toronto to have an even better pick because we beat them on the last game of season.

This is the dilemma we Senators fans face as we really only get the satisfaction of a Senators win while the Leafs fans either get a better pick OR get to have the win in our building...

I can't bring myself to want the Leafs to win though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad