Post-Game Talk: Leafs @ Sens - 7pm - on almost every channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Born in Ontario must speak French as the second language, through obligatory immersion school education. I mean northern Ontarians make an effort to learn and to speak English. WTF?? Ontario is a French province by design as Franco-Ontarian like it or not. I mean, no more then 5 thousand loyalist came to French Ontario from US, to celebrate this endlessly and to forget the French European roots of Ontario. I understand French media completely, total disrespect and ignorance.

In Toronto, its the #12 language though?

Reactions: Back in Black

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think that’s the worst lineup I’ve seen since being a Sens fan many many years ago.
Oh well it’s a rebuild.

It didn't take Duclair long to find himself on the 4th line even with all that skill.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Born in Ontario must speak French as the second language, through obligatory immersion school education. I mean northern Ontarians make an effort to learn and to speak English. WTF?? Ontario is a French province by design as Franco-Ontarian like it or not. I mean, no more then 5 thousand loyalist came to French Ontario from US, to celebrate this endlessly and to forget the French European roots of Ontario. I understand French media completely, total disrespect and ignorance.

Go west of Ottawa and nobody speaks french. I couldn't care less about the roots of the province, I care about the people there now. Even in Ottawa. It's an English city with some french people in it. It's not a french city with some English people in it.

If I were going to learn a second language I'd learn Mandarin before french. Much more practical language to learn given where our world is going

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Even in Ottawa. It's an English city with some french people in it. It's not a french city with some English people in it.

I assume you live in the west end, then. I can totally see how you'd think this if you are in places like Kanata & Barhaven.

Everything west of the Rideau river is predominantly English. Everything east of the Rideau & North of the Ottawa rivers are predominantly French or at least fluently bilingual.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I assume you live in the west end, then. I can totally see how you'd think this if you are in places like Kanata & Barhaven.

Everything west of the Rideau river is predominantly English. Everything east of the Rideau & North of the Ottawa rivers are predominantly French or at least fluently bilingual.

I live in Nepean now, but I lived in the market and centretown for years. And I work in the market.

There aren't many people who I've encountered who can't speak English. I'd be curious to know how many people who were born south of the river don't speak English as a first language.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Leafs going down! Pageau gets hattrick ... 4-3 Sens OT! Building filled with Pageau chants well into the night.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'd be curious to know how many people who were born south of the river don't speak English as a first language.

Spend a significant amount of time in Vanier and Orleans. I guarantee you you'll find Francophone speakers all over.

BzQbkT4.png

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Oh man... Why did the Mr get tickets to Leafs vs Sens...

Well here goes! How many beer can I drink...

There is probably 80% Leafs fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad