Speculation: Leafs Rookie Tournament Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Leafs really coming out loaded.

Hope we see most of these guys again in the rest of the tournament, normally they pull them after a game.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
I'm actually pretty stoked to see Soshnikov play... Him Nylander and "The Latvian" MD are gonna be a sick line.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You mean amateur try out (ATO)? No, he's contracted with the Marlies.

If that isn't what you meant, then I don't know what you mean.

Hendrick is an Amateur for sending something out with a typo.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
This!
Shows what the organisation thinks of both Dzierkals and Shoshnikov...playing with Willy is a nice running start.

I feel like Nylander-Soshnikov combo will destroy most of the competition - Both have pro experience under their belt already.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm excited for all the lines actually.

The 4th line is highly skilled with Tima and Koro

Wish we had a guy like Verhaeghe in between those 2...basically not as psyched about Vail being their centre, but individually yes I will watch them.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Wish we had a guy like Verhaeghe in between those 2...basically not as psyched about Vail being their centre, but individually yes I will watch them.

Vail is going to impress you with how skilled and tenacious he is.

(Jks, he sucks)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Vail is going to impress you with how skilled and tenacious he is.

(Jks, he sucks)

The best way I could describe him when i've seen him (only saw him 2 games in the AHL) was an underwhelming vanilla...seemed like roster filler...that failed..

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Unless he's stepped it up since his Windsor days, I wouldn't expect much. Saw him a lot in Jr. London knights season tics. ( great city ( non NHL) to be a hockey fan)
Vail Always left me wanting more as a hockey fan. Never took that step forward that was expected by many.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Maybe I'm picky here but Nylander isn't pronounced like that at all. The correct swedish pronounciation would sound strange in an english sentence though.

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Anyone else stock up on snacks and/or some of grandpas cough syrup in preparation for this awesome weekend of admiring Mark Hunter's work?

Gonna be great.

Looking forward to seeing the NUMEROUS highly skilled, albeit currently undersized forwards and also the next Dion Phaneuf circa rookie season in Cgy(Andrew Nielsen).

Last edited:

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
From Leafs website and copied from original post by SeaofBlue

Toronto Marlies head coach Sheldon Keefe will handle coaching responsibilities along with Marlies associate coach Gord Dineen, assistant A.J. MacLean and Orlando Solar Bears coach Anthony Noreen.

Thanks. Thought it would be Keefe, so I guess this tournament gives us a chance to see his style as a coach as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad