Friedman: Leafs Report Podcast with Jame Mirtle: trade target discussion

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Mod:

On the Leafs report podcast with James Mirtle Jonas Seigel, Elliot Friedman mentioned that 2 players the Leafs do want are Carson Socuy and Scott Laughton.

In the case of Soucy it doesn't make sense because Seattle is in a playoff spot.

But Scott Laughton would be a great addition although Friedman does admit he's not sure the flyers would move him.

As far as a bottom 6 forward goes Scott Laughton to me would move the needle.

Unlike Sam Lafferty I would be excited to get Scott Laughton I'd think he'd make a big difference to the bottom 6.

Although as always I would prefer a top 6 forward but If they go bottom 6 by all means bring on Scott Laughton

Remember that time there was a Leafs board? Good times.

Reactions: TS Quint

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
You forgot one additional thing . Leafs think their prospects are about 10x better than they actually are .Example - Knies is the next Cam Neely.
Who in the organization said that? Dubas?

I'm calling nonsense. It's more likely some random poster said he'd be good and it triggered you.

The lengths some will go to say something negative about the Leafs...funny story.

Zur En Arrh

Apr 16, 2022
Leafs in on everyone, also leafs. don't want to give up 1st or any prospect of value
Yes because what we need doesn't cost that...fail..

Who in the organization said that? Dubas?

I'm calling nonsense. It's more likely some random poster said he'd be good and it triggered you.

The lengths some will go to say something negative about the Leafs...funny story.
meanwhile EVERY day posters want Knies for trash desperatly... Hf bwahahahah...

Nhlpowerweek

Senor
Oct 5, 2022
Think every contender could use him
I think minnesota doesnt need his type of a fool. They already have so many warrior types. But every other teams wants that man, hard. The leafs are the richest, so they do what they want. With the most power. Hockeys mecca baby. They get whom they want

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Well I’m happy to report his actions don’t dictate that

At least florida picked a direction, or does a first round exit sound great to you because as a habs fan I’m looking forward to my mid May tradition of teasing my friends
This reminds me of people lauding Bush for being “decisive “. Didn’t matter if the decision was stupid or failed to account for new information…..it was more important to some just any old decision, be damned that cliff up ahead.

Reactions: WindsorHawk

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Can we just have threads from now on about who the Leafs don't want? Would be much simpler and cleaner front page.
I think the point is to tempt you to click on it, aka click bait. if people would just ignore it they would happen alot less. but no no no anything leafs has to be clicked on and met with some stupid comment(not just you) which in the end provides everyone with MORE stuff like this because your going to click on it anyways,

it's also getting close to TDL so rumors are going around like crazy because everyone knows Dubas is going to get someone

Nah , it’s just that he is the only Leaf prospect that is good.
take a deep look, we have quite a decent prospect pool given that we have traded alot of picks over the years.
scouting doesnt seem to be an issue anymore but we will see how they all develop

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
This reminds me of people lauding Bush for being “decisive “. Didn’t matter if the decision was stupid or failed to account for new information…..it was more important to some just any old decision, be damned that cliff up ahead.
It’s apples and oranges. We’re talking about running a sports franchise.

Reactions: Colezuki

Marner4Life

Feb 12, 2019
Unfortunately that's just a side effect of guys having to do multiple radio/podcast interviews sometimes daily. Some of the TSN guys will rotate through their Edmonton/Montreal/Ottawa/Toronto each week. They'll have the same informal conversations. But now a radio interview from Montreal is now readily available to all of us unlike the old days.

It wouldn't be unheard of it Seattle dealt Soucy while also maybe being a buyer. It had been previously mentioned that Seattle might be looking for a depth center who was good at faceoffs since all of theirs are under 50%.

They recently acquired Jaycob Megna and he profiles similarly to Soucy. Hypothetically they could trade Soucy for a pick, and then use that pick in a separate deal for a rental center? And if Seattle were targeting a higher salaried rental, clearing Soucy's 2.75 mil (while having his replacement at 762K) could help.
Depth center? Alex Kerfoot step right up!

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
King of the straw men here

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Mirtle is not a respectable analyst, journalist or for that matter even hockey fan

I’d disregard anything he had to say

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
Why do the Leafs always give up a 1st in any trade scenario on this board,regardless of the quality of player (s) going to the Leafs ? lol

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
We should just make a thread

Speculation: Leafs in on everyone

And just update the title with the latest name. I mean if theres a legit rumor like Chychrun down to 3 teams: TOR, ?????, ???? Then that's ok

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad