Leafs Regular Season Predictions

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
This team is worse than it was last year.

It's a non-playoff team.

Probably will finish 10th-12th, is my guess.

Flirt with the playoffs all year, and then fall away towards the final stretch of the season before putting together a strong run in the final 3-5 games of the season to fill everyone with hope and promise of better days ahead.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
You're really not as bad as you/people think...if Kessel and Bernier can stay healthy you should be at worst a wild card team. The teams projected to finish ahead of you have flaws of their own.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
finish 9th.

Does that mean 9th in the league? Then they probably make the playoffs.

Do you mean 9th in the conference? Then it's still possible that might make the playoffs under the current system -- if somehow they were third in the Atlantic and the sixth place team in the Metropolitan Division had more points than them.

Or did you actually mean "just outside the playoffs"?

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
In real life, Toronto's a bubble team, so it'll probably be close either way for a playoff spot. In the unlikely event that
  • Bernier stays healthy all season
  • Reimer gets his confidence back
  • Clarkson is benched/pressboxed a lot
Leafs should be a shoe-in for the playoffs.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
Why do people still talk in Conference standings? They're meaningless. Adjust and move on. The new alignment has been in place for an entire season -- more than enough time to get used to it.

Thanks for popping into each thread to be "mr.mature adult" everyone appreciates it.

I think we will finish wild card.

MastuhNinks

Apr 30, 2011
The Iron Throne
Atlantic:
Tampa Bay
Boston
Montreal

Metro:
New York Rangers
Pittsburgh
New York Islanders

Wildcard:
Toronto
Washington

Not going to bother trying to predict a specific record.

hockeyfanz*

87 points.

No playoffs.

11 or 12 in Eastern Conference.

Drafting 9th or 10th overall.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Atlantic:
Boston
Tampa Bay
Montreal

Metro:
Pittsburgh
Washington
Rangers

Wildcard:
Philadelphia
Detroit
------------------------------------

Toronto

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Boston and Montreal both took a step backwards this offseason, while Detroit remains stagnant and we are probably similar or slightly improved. the revamped bottom 6 will dictate that.

I know people want McDavid (Im on of them) and this team hasnt given us any reason to trust them, but realisitically speaking were closer to the top of Atlantic than we are the bottom. This team has more than enough talent to get a wildcard spot.

Not saying they wont implode. who really knows. but we will be in the mix no question.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I think the one thing this team has shown me that it is very difficult to predict what they would do. Even as 'yucky' as people feel they are, they could win the East (or the Atlantic), or they could be in the basement. many, many wildcards at play here.

i predict the Leafs, per usual, will take us through a wild rollercoaster ride.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
I say we go 42-30-10, for a 6th place finish.

And we win a round, before getting put out in the 2nd round.

And then complaining will ensue.

:)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think the one thing this team has shown me that it is very difficult to predict what they would do. Even as 'yucky' as people feel they are, they could win the East (or the Atlantic), or they could be in the basement. many, many wildcards at play here.

i predict the Leafs, per usual, will take us through a wild rollercoaster ride.

I think Rielly will be better, Clarkson will be better. Bozak, JVR and Kessel to continue their high level of play this year.

I am not sure about the remainder of the team. Gardiner with a big contract usually means higher expectations, and I can see this going either way. A lot of question marks, Leafs will miss Gunnar no doubt about it. We also have not had much luck with UFA signings. Ie Robidas.

It could be a rollarcoaster, this team can score goals. That is a positive, but defensively, it is the same bunch without Mcclement, Kulemin, and Gunnar. 3 of our strongest defensive players. Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad